Digital Marketing Specialist (contract)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
ABOUT THE MOMENT:
At The Moment, we build, scale and support innovation teams. We are a boutique innovation consultancy based in Toronto, Canada. We partner with clients who are deeply committed to accelerating their innovation efforts in a world of rapidly increasing change. To accomplish this, we work with leaders to develop innovation strategies that support key organizational goals, offer our innovation design team to execute critical project work, and implement capability and culture building programs. Our mission is to shift our client organizations onto a path of lasting innovation.
We’re looking for passionate, creative and engaged individuals to help us fulfill our purpose to contribute to the development of sustainable, thriving and prosperous teams, organizations and communities.
We have a responsive culture where the whole person matters, and where we strive to collaborate, inspire, and unleash our collective creativity with optimal structure and minimal hierarchy.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Moment is providing a great opportunity for recent graduates and junior practitioners to apply their experience and educational background in digital and business-to-business marketing to help raise awareness of our boutique innovation consultancy. While performing the duties of a Digital Marketing Specialist, you will also gain exposure to real-world innovation and service design projects with our clients. The successful candidate for this role will work closely with our marketing coach and collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team of Innovation Designers as you help design, deploy and monitor our content marketing programs.
This contract opportunity will commence Spring, 2017. The duration is anticipated to be 4 months, with a possibility for extension. This is a paid position; remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Digital Marketing Specialist responsibilities include assisting in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies. At The Moment, you will:
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Support marketing team in organizing various projects and following up on assigned tasks (ie: Asana)
- Conduct market research and analyze customer surveys/ reports/ questionnaires
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Update and create spreadsheets and databases with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc) to augment the company’s presence in the market
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships
- Develop content for company newsletter and website
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Familiarity working with Google Analytics, Facebook advertising, Google Adwords and Wordpress (basic HTML knowledge)
- Expertise with Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs
- B2B experience (preferred)
- Past marketing or sales experience an asset
- Past experience creating promotional marketing and sales materials an asset
- Past experience with WordPress, Blogging, and social media an asset
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork focus
- Ability to work independently
- A cover letter highlighting your experience and interests
- Your current resume
- Please also feel free to include your portfolio, if available
Applications for the Digital Marketing Specialist opportunity will be open until March 1, 2017. We will review all applications at that time.