Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Moment team is looking for great people! Come make a difference with us!
At The Moment, we've been working for six years to build the design company of our dreams. Talented, purposeful, and responsive. The Moment is a place where we help organizations ready themselves for the future. A place where talented people can build a career deeply rooted in a desire to make the world a better place.
We have (and are continuously developing) a responsive teal culture where the whole person matters, and where we strive to collaborate, inspire, and unleash the collective creativity with optimal structure and minimal hierarchy.
Our studio is a supportive and truly collaborative environment where you will be part of a dynamic interdisciplinary design team. You will be at the centre of the emerging practice of innovation design, creating organizational capability and innovation practices that stick for a variety of clients.
You’ll learn, you’ll teach, you’ll stretch and grow, here at The Moment.
You are passionate about leaving the world better than you found it. You recognize that the challenges of our time are unlike any that came before. You want to be a leader, not a spectator, in the design of tomorrow’s organizations and communities. You believe in the power of people, when given the right tools, to make our own future.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Here at The Moment, we need people with specialized talent who also want to stretch and grow their design capability. At The Moment, we create opportunities for designers to shine on end-to-end projects -- showing off their expertise and teaching others. We also create opportunities for designers to stretch their practice in new directions. This serves our clients well; each team is a multi-disciplinary design team with honed practice and fresh eyes on their business challenges.
Our clients engage us from discovery to deployment, requiring expertise in design research, service design, innovation strategy, foresight, and a host of other design capabilities.
You are a talented and experienced innovation designer, you've worked your magic on complex projects and enjoy working within the team. You enjoy leading projects and being one on the team! You are hungry for real world projects in a variety of challenging customer contexts. You have developed and demonstrated proficiency with a range of innovation design capabilities and are looking to expand your experience into new areas.
Your core design competencies are all of the following:
- Service Design
- Design Research (incl. ethnography)
- Strategy Design & Foresight
- Innovation Leadership (incl. re-framing, selling, pitching and inspiring)
Your developing design competencies may be in any of the following:
- Team Development & Coaching (incl. learning design)
- Business DesignProduct Development (incl. lean and technology)
- Systemic Design
- Organizational & Culture Change
- Writing & Storytelling
- Process Design and Facilitation
- Graphic Design
- What is an Innovation Designer?
Every innovation designer has their own unique profile with areas of deep expertise and aspirations for new learning. We want to know about your unique profile.
To learn more about what an innovation designer does, please check out our Medium post:
As a project lead and as a team member, you will be:
- Applying the service design toolkit to client engagements from design research all the way through to prototyping and testing
- Working with client teams to develop innovation capabilities through project engagements
- Supporting the development of innovation strategy with client teams in a variety of organizations that are currently being disrupted
- Synthesizing and communicating the findings, insights and prototypes through the project lifespan through visual artefacts
- Working in an agile environment
- Working collaboratively with all Momenteers
- Pushing The Moment’s practice toward greater excellence/bringing your awesome to the team and accelerating your own learning
- Co-facilitating design sessions (research, co-creations, prototyping etc.)
- Have an educational and work background with (a minimum of 2 years experience) demonstrated proficiency in one or more practices such as research design, service design, innovation strategy and foresight, and facilitation, and a portfolio of work to share
- Are an effective facilitator and process designer of collaborative sessions and coaching of diverse client teams
- Are comfortable working through ambiguity on projects and are relentlessly optimistic
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and genuinely enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team
- Are passionate about applying a human-centered approach to solving business and social challenges and sharing those practices with others
- Are able to work independently and collaboratively across disciplines with project lead and team support
- Have a high degree of self-awareness and emotional intelligence when working with people of diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking
- Are excited about the possibilities to help define the future of work through self-managed teams and agile leadership
- Are excited about working with clients from multiple sectors
- Excel when you have room to be entrepreneurial, to step into gaps, to do what needs to get done... as opposed to preferring to be told what to do
Learn more about what it's like to work at The Moment:
- A cover letter highlighting your unique innovation designer profile and what you are most curious about in the world
- Your current resume
- A portfolio of your work demonstrating your capabilities
- Please note that we will only be able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in Canada
- We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will also be considering applications for future openings
ABOUT THE MOMENT
At The Moment, we build, scale and support innovation teams.
We are a boutique innovation consultancy based in Toronto, Canada. We partner with clients who are deeply committed to accelerating their innovation efforts in a world of rapidly increasing change. To accomplish this, we work with leaders to develop innovation strategies that support key organizational goals, offer our innovation design team to execute critical project work, and implement capability and culture building programs. Our mission is to shift our client organizations onto a path of lasting innovation.