Director of Accounting
Los Angeles /
Finance + Admin /
Company and Culture
NTWRK, dubbed the “QVC for Gen Z,” is a new and exciting video shopping platform that seamlessly blends content and commerce for a global audience of fans and collectors. Our daily live streamed episodes feature shoppable content hosted by celebrities, musicians, and cultural icons, offering unprecedented access to exclusive art, sneakers, fashion, and collectibles. NTWRK’s unique approach connecting entertainment and e-commerce has attracted investment from the likes of Jimmy Iovine, LeBron James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Drake, Live Nation, and Foot Locker, among others.
We are a diverse team of creatives and innovators, working together to become a massive global marketplace. We share an intrinsic motivation to redefine the mobile content and commerce experience, rooted in rich telling stories and a curated product. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve launched a two-day digital festival that featured exclusive drops from over 30 brands and artists, virtual DJ sets, and insight-driven panels and interviews.
As an early member of our team, you will play a foundational role in shaping NTWRK’s culture and market position. Forbes called us the “much-hyped e-tail platform that’s putting a rocket under retailtainment” and we were also recently named one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups of 2020.
Why We're Hiring
NTWRK seeks a Director of Accounting to manage the accounting and financial operations of the company including financial reporting, month-end close, and special projects. This position requires strong hands-on accounting experience, particularly with reporting, general ledger, consolidations and analysis. The ideal candidate must have a passion for the evolving entertainment and e-commerce landscape and the ability to function independently, in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Operate with impeccable integrity as a trusted advisor to the CEO and CFO.
- Manage all aspects of monthly financial reporting and close, create new processes and guidelines as needed, including the preparation and review of all financial statements.
- Ensure that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with US GAAP and the company's accounting policies, chart of accounts and related accounting principles and practices, and that subordinate ledgers reconcile with the general ledger.
- Prepare variance analysis and supplemental schedules. Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting and reporting for partners.
- Possess a strong understanding of all aspects of business operations.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Oversee and assist in preparation of cash flow reporting and analysis.
- Maintain tax compliance and manage information to external tax preparers and auditors.
- Ensure documentation of, and adherence to, all accounting processes and procedures to ensure appropriate accounting controls.
- Operate cross-functionally with various departments independently and manage a team of two.
Who Are You
- Minimum 4-6 years of accounting experience preferably in e-commerce, entertainment, media, or advertising.
- CPA and experience from blue-chip accountancy firm preferred.
- High proficiency with excel, and financial/accounting software (QBO preferred).
- Proven experience in accounting for inventory.
- Demonstrated understanding of US GAAP accounting concepts and principles.
- Well-organized, with strict attention to detail and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, interpersonal.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Best in class health, dental, and vision insurance.
- A brand new laptop of your choosing.
- Paid parental leave.
- Paid time off and sick leave.
- A modern and dog friendly office space in the heart of Hollywood, CA.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.