VP, Merchandising and Marketplace
Los Angeles /
Merchandising + Creative /
NTWRK, dubbed the “QVC for Gen Z,” is a new and exciting video shopping platform that seamlessly blends content and commerce for a global audience of fans and collectors. Our daily live streamed episodes feature shoppable content hosted by celebrities, musicians, and cultural icons, offering unprecedented access to exclusive art, sneakers, fashion, and collectibles. NTWRK’s unique approach connecting entertainment and e-commerce has attracted investment from the likes of Jimmy Iovine, LeBron James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Drake, Live Nation, and Foot Locker, among others.
We are a diverse team of creatives and innovators, working together to become a massive global marketplace. We share an intrinsic motivation to redefine the mobile content and commerce experience, rooted in rich telling stories and a curated product. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve launched a two-day digital festival that featured exclusive drops from over 30 brands and artists, virtual DJ sets, and insight-driven panels and interviews.
As an early member of our team, you will play a foundational role in shaping NTWRK’s culture and market position. Forbes called us the “much-hyped e-tail platform that’s putting a rocket under retailtainment” and we were also recently named one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups of 2020.
Why We're Hiring
NTWRK seeks an experienced Vice President, Merchandising and Marketplace, to oversee NTWRK’s shift in business from a traditional retailer model to a curated digital dropship marketplace model and lead strategy, development, and management for NTWRK’s retail business and in-house, private label, and licensing businesses. It is essential that this person is highly knowledgeable and well-connected in both established and emerging categories and can lead and oversee the Marketplace, Retail, and In-house businesses in their entirety. This position reports to the CEO.
What You'll Do
- Lead and own NTWRK’s Marketplace expansion, strategy, management, forecasts, and results.
- Develop KPI’s around and execute Marketplace growth, revenue, and seller retention strategies. Lead marketplace and buying teams to achieve these metrics.
- Lead the definition and improvement of marketplace operational processes as they relate to the platform and platform tools.
- Identify and target brands and talent for onboarding on to NTWRK’s marketplace. Curate relevant marketplace assortment that drives business demand and growth.
- Oversee Marketplace contract negotiations for those not yet in Marketplace
- Monitor the performance of all marketplace sellers and identify those with significant potential and those where performance has dropped and execute initiatives to enhance the products and revenues of those sellers.
- Develop and refine a framework for customer segmentation worldwide, and ensure Marketplace merchandising needs across all segments.
NTWRK Retail Business Strategy
- Lead and communicate merchandising strategy for all NTWRK categories, leveraging product opportunities and business initiatives across domestic and international channels
- Responsible for strategy, departmental budget, P&L, financial planning, and overall performance
- Create relevant product assortments that drive business demand, growth, and focus on margin.
- Actively partner with merchandising reports to ensure synergy across total strategy and product execution.
- Partner with Business Unit Buying teams to understand, influence, and drive business objectives/customer needs, and identify category/product opportunities.
- Develop and refine a framework for customer segmentation worldwide, and ensure product development needs across all segments.
NTWRK In-House Brands, Private Label and Licensing Strategy
- Lead, develop, and communicate strategy for NTWRK’s In-House Brands, Private Label, and Licensing businesses with a focus on growth, revenue, and margin
- Develop KPI’s for these businesses. Responsible for strategy, departmental budget, P&L, financial planning, and overall performance.
- Identify and target talent, brands, and IP for the expansion of these businesses.
- Establish strategy and pipeline for NTWRK’s Influencer Licensing and Private business. Partner with IP and talent to provide support in the development, production, and fulfillment of a retail product assortment that addresses brand/talent and customer needs.
- Partner with NTWRK’s Design and Product Development teams throughout the entire conceptual and commercialization process to build assortment that addresses brand and customer needs/strategies of NTWRK’s In house brands, private labels, licensing businesses.
- Proven understanding and leadership of product development.
- Monitor the performance of all In-House Brands, Private Label, and Licensing IP and identify those with significant potential and those where performance has dropped and execute initiatives to enhance the products and revenues.
- Oversee contract negotiations for Private Label and Licensing businesses.
- Drive assortment style and flow needs
- Communicate changes and impacts cross-functionally.
- Ensure that corporate deadlines are met in order to deliver product on a timely basis.
- Support pilots and testing agendas
Market Analysis & Reporting
- Analyze sales on a weekly basis to gain a comprehensive understanding of the state of the business. Provide global analysis that drives consensus and overall strategy.
- Identify merchandising, product, talent and IP, and marketplace opportunities through regular hind-sighting that incorporates: consumer research, market trends, business unit feedback,and sales performance analysis.
- Maintain updated knowledge of key competitor product, distribution, and pricing strategies.
- Manage retail price setting, target costs, and margin goals.
Organization and Team
- Create and foster a strong culture of learning and development for direct reports and team
- Build relationships and cross-functional strategy with company-wide business unit leaders across Creative Services, Finance, Legal, Technology, Data, Content, Marketing, ECommerce Operations, Project Management, and Brand Partnerships/Sales.
- Create partnerships with key retailers, talent, brands, global merchandising peers, and BU merchants
Who You Are
- Minimum 8-10 years merchandising/buying experience in related business or brand with demonstrated product development experience, preferably in a digital retail environment
- Minimum 5+ years team management experience
- Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for business
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop a team
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Best in class health, dental, and vision insurance
- A brand new laptop and monitor of your choosing
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- A modern and dog friendly office space in the heart of Hollywood, CA
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.