Senior Data Engineer
Company And Culture
NTWRK, dubbed the “QVC for Gen Z,” is a new and exciting video shopping platform that seamlessly blends content and commerce for a global audience of fans and collectors. Our daily live streamed episodes feature shoppable content hosted by celebrities, musicians, and cultural icons, offering unprecedented access to exclusive art, sneakers, fashion, and collectibles. NTWRK’s unique approach connecting entertainment and e-commerce has attracted investment from the likes of Jimmy Iovine, LeBron James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Drake, Live Nation, and Foot Locker, among others.
We are a diverse team of creatives and innovators, working together to become a massive global marketplace. We share an intrinsic motivation to redefine the mobile content and commerce experience, rooted in rich telling stories and a curated product. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve launched a two-day digital festival that featured exclusive drops from over 30 brands and artists, virtual DJ sets, and insight-driven panels and interviews.
As an early member of our team, you will play a foundational role in shaping NTWRK’s culture and market position. Forbes called us the “much-hyped e-tail platform that’s putting a rocket under retailtainment” and we were also recently named one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups of 2020.
Why We’re Hiring
We’re looking for our first Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team who is excited about building data systems powering everything from operational efficiency, to unique product experiences, impactful behavioral research and organizational analytics. This person will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate loves designing, building and deploying high performance data pipeline systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices and be excited about owning data architecture projects that allow us to scale. Experience with Shopify and mobile are a bonus but are not required.
What You'll Do
- Create and automate high scale, high-performance data processing systems to drive growth and improve the customer experience.
- Contribute to shared tooling and standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for the engineering team as a whole.
- Support existing data pipelines and systems in production.
- Design and develop new data pipelines and streaming processes that are highly available, scalable, and reliable.
- Encourage high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Design, maintain and optimize highly distributed analytics data stores.
- Help explore and evaluate new technologies.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience building and maintaining large scale analytics systems.
- 5+ years programming experience, SQL required, Python preferred, golang a plus.
- Experience with event driven systems and Airflow.
- Strong understanding of architecting, developing, and maintaining cloud technologies on AWS.
- Driven, agile and want to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity.
- Experience building conceptual, logical and physical model design.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Best in class health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote-first environment where everyone on the team has the option of remote work indefinitely.
- A brand new laptop and monitor of your choosing.
- Paid time off and sick leave.
- A modern and dog friendly office space in the heart of Hollywood, CA for those interested in working in the office.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.