Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Company And Culture
NTWRK, dubbed the “QVC for Gen Z,” is a new and exciting video shopping platform that seamlessly blends content and commerce for a global audience of fans and collectors. Our daily live streamed episodes feature shoppable content hosted by celebrities, musicians, and cultural icons, offering unprecedented access to exclusive art, sneakers, fashion, and collectibles. NTWRK’s unique approach connecting entertainment and e-commerce has attracted investment from the likes of Jimmy Iovine, LeBron James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Drake, Live Nation, and Foot Locker, among others.
We are a diverse team of creatives and innovators, working together to become a massive global marketplace. We share an intrinsic motivation to redefine the mobile content and commerce experience, rooted in rich telling stories and a curated product. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve launched a two-day digital festival that featured exclusive drops from over 30 brands and artists, virtual DJ sets, and insight-driven panels and interviews.
As an early member of our team, you will play a foundational role in shaping NTWRK’s culture and market position. Forbes called us the “much-hyped e-tail platform that’s putting a rocket under retailtainment” and we were also recently named one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups of 2020.
Why We’re Hiring
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience working in and leading agile development teams. This role will be responsible for building features for our marketplace partners. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in distributed systems and Golang. Experience in React or React Native is a bonus but not required.
What You'll Do
- Spend most of your time working in Golang.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining features.
- Architect and build complex new systems, focusing not only on scalability, but also on creating an amazing experience for our partners.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to spec-out, design and implement solutions for our stakeholders.
- Understand and collaborate on complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Solve hard problems only NTWRK faces due to the thundering herd nature of our product.
- Bonus points if you have front end experience, specifically React/React Native (not required).
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional software development experience at a consumer software company.
- Recent experience developing in Golang and preferably React.
- Strong background with distributed and event-driven computing architectures.
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD.
- Expert level of knowledge of system architecture and scalability.
- Comfortable with emerging technologies, and assessing technological risk within a high-traffic production environment.
- Quick learner who’s resourceful, able to work independently, and willing to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Best in class health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote-first environment where everyone on the team has the option of remote work indefinitely.
- A brand new laptop and monitor of your choosing.
- Paid time off and sick leave.
- A modern and dog friendly office space in the heart of Hollywood, CA for those interested in working in the office.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.