Lead Full-Stack Developer (New York)
New York /
Engineering Team /
Lead Full Stack Developer: Web and Mobile Apps
You’ll develop web and mobile apps for industry leaders and new disrupters.
We develop our client’s most complex web and mobile applications. Utilizing Lean and Agile methodologies, in combination with our expertise in open-source technologies, we build highly customized products that are used worldwide.
We help develop you into a CTO.
We want you to grow with us and invest heavily in your professional growth from day one. If you are interested in business outcomes, building great products and strong relationships, this is the place for you. We support your path towards becoming the domain expert or technical leader and offer a transparent advancement track with a clear path to your next targets. Every Theodoer has a mentor whose goal is to help you progress as rapidly as possible. You will also become a coach and mentor more junior Theodoers.
We like to think that we offer the best of all worlds.
- The global impact of our multinational clients, while still experiencing the growth & velocity of an early stage startup
- The satisfaction of producing high-quality work while pursuing your own goals and ambitions
Entrepreneurship is at our core.
The Theodo Group has founded 8 companies all led by Theodoers. These new start-ups specialize in Web and Mobile technologies, Data Science & Computer Vision, DevOps, FinTech, and Healthtech. Founders received the funding, ecosystem of partner companies, and mentorship to guarantee success. As we further grow in New York, we aim to expand the Theodo Group start-up network and are actively looking for entrepreneurial engineers.
We are a team of 400+ and located in NYC (8 employees), London (50) and Paris (350).
- Established 13 years ago in Paris
- In the last 7 years, the global team has grown from 30 to over 400 based on a strong reputation and happy employees
- Develop web & mobile applications for our industry-leading clients, across a variety of industries including Aerospace, Retail and ESports
- Collaborate with C-Suite executives, Heads of Business Units and start-up Founders. Your communication will be essential to business success.
- Work in small agile teams of 2-4 developers, with support from an Agile coach
- Learn the non-coding aspects of growing a tech company from the ground up: operations, business development, sales, marketing, and recruiting
- Divide your time between our Manhattan base and WFH
Our Stack: React, React Native, Django, AWS Serverless, AngularJS, Vue, TypeScript, Python, NodeJS
This role is ideal for:
An Aspiring CTO: You want an engineering management-track position that teaches you every facet of tech (coding, product, user research). You want to develop your technical and non-technical skills that will prepare you to lead a global division or start your own company (communication, presentation, sales).
Tech realist: You want to solve real-world problems, always searching for the most pragmatic solution
Client-friendly and team player: You enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams and interacting directly with clients, having a real impact on the product you build
Love Diversity: You like large-scale, complex projects, but appreciate the learning opportunities that working for a start-up brings
Startup sensibility: You embrace everything that comes with the ride: adventure, growth, the ability to wear multiple hats, solving hard challenges and the tales you can tell from having been there from the start. You want a front-row seat at an early-stage startup with the added comfort that we’re part of a group with a proven track record of success.
- 3-7 years of experience working as a software engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline
- Location: Within commuting distance to, or in, New York City (Remote for the near-term)
- Eligibility to work in the US*
(* Unfortunately, we are not currently in a position to sponsor visas of any kind.)
Base salary: Competitive compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Stipend for hardware purchases
- Generous PTO: 15 vacation days, 1 additional vacation day for every six months worked
- 401K retirement plan
A diverse working environment
Theodo is committed to diversity and inclusion. We promote a prejudice-free environment and do not discriminate against current or prospective employees because of age, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or health concerns.