Product Engineering Strategist - Remote
Engineering – Solutions Architect /
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
What you’ll do
Working within one of Theorem’s small, tight-knit product discovery teams, in collaboration directly with the client, you’ll be an integral part of leading discovery efforts across varying engagements. Through close partnership with design, research, and product team members you’ll help to anchor the problem understanding and ideation process around what’s technically feasible, striving to uncover and mitigate engineering-related risks or complexity in the product.
How you’ll do it
- Through a collaborative, iterative process, you will engage directly with the client to create a high-level, clear path forward that our development team can use to drive a successful engagement. Ultimately, you’ll help the team deliver a validated roadmap for a product that delivers real value for the client and sets a clear path for a Theorem development team to successfully deliver on, through a combination of the following:
- Collaborate with the client and stakeholders to fully understand any constraints that may impact engineering efforts, architecture, integration points, and value
- Utilize various tools, platforms, and programming languages to assist in user research, problem understanding, risk mitigation, and ideation direction
- In coordination with user research, build and support prototypes to validate solution hypotheses, and observe and support testing to ensure valid results
- Collaborate daily with UX/UI Designers, Product Specialists, and User Researchers to uncover a solution that is technically feasible, viable for the business, and desirable by their end-users
- Work toward building and maintaining reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on both low and high fidelity prototyping, proofs of concept, and experimentation for software discovery.
- Advise and challenge peer discovery team members with technical feedback that keeps ideation on track and feasible, as well as incorporate critical feedback from design and product peers to ensure desirability and viability of the product concept
Who you are
- You understand the importance of software product discovery. You value problem definition over solutions, learning over intuition, and direct user feedback over assumptions. You understand how this process sets up a delivery team for success
- You should be passionate about experimentation and understanding user behavior and needs in balance with the needs of the client and their business. You believe that the two usually are the same
- You enjoy learning about new technologies and business verticals while working with multiple and varied clients over time
- You can turn product requirements into concrete engineering plans or roadmaps, helping to prioritize and mitigate risk in building a product
- You have the ability to remove ambiguity and generate clarity while building trust with cross-functional partners; including but not limited to: product, design, research, data science, and the client
- You have passionate for, or an understanding of the value of quality UI and UX design
- You enjoy working at the intersection of product, engineering, and design
- You thrive in a self-managed process. You can set timelines independently and adhere to schedules and work within varied constraints
- You understand that success is not declared, it is discovered. You believe in the imperfect nature of prototyping, proofs-of-concept, and experimentation
- Driven to understand new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry
- 7+ years of experience in software development (SaaS, web, mobile) and/or technical prototyping in implementation and delivery roles
- Strong experience in consulting and working with multiple concurrent clients and stakeholders directly
- Deep understanding of available cloud platform offerings, including available out-of-the-box services, pipelines, and products the differing cloud platforms provide. Preference on AWS or Azure, but any cloud is good
- Proficient ability to effectively articulate technical problems and solutions to both large and small audiences & educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cloud
- Experience working with multiple types and sizes of organizations, from Seed level startups to large, enterprise organizations and an understanding of the different constraints involved
- Solid understanding of various agile and lean methodologies, including the importance of product discovery and dual-track agile with a single, collaborative team
- Familiarity with UI development; collaborating with designers and working with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Experience with backend development with languages like NodeJS, Ruby, or similar
- Strong understanding of software and system design, architecture, and database concepts, including wide familiarity with implementing products across various combinations of them
- You enjoy continued learning about not just product engineering but the product business and product design side of envisioning holistic products
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.