Senior Solution Architect - Remote
Engineering – Solutions Architect /
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Consultative Solutions Architect, you will tackle large-scale challenges and balance quality software development with speed. You will step into ambiguous situations, working to understand new business domains and challenges. You will then ideate and develop architectural design and proof of concepts with your team.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You see yourself as a maker, and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge to designing, developing, deploying, and operating. You don’t need to be the leading expert across the full stack, but you are generally experienced in all aspects of software development and you are comfortable reviewing any pull request from your team, be it for the frontend, backend or DevOps. Your strongest skill is your curiosity and ability to learn quickly. As Solutions Architect, the solution space is not constrained to what you know today; that’s only the starting point for you. As a consultant, you are a great communicator, you cultivate relationships, building rapport and trust with your colleagues, clients and stakeholders. You make sure every voice is heard, all needs are understood and there is clarity on alignment on engineering plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments for new projects.
- Become a domain expert for our clients’ business and gain an in-depth knowledge of their infrastructure and internal systems.
- Assess and research technologies to determine their fitness for a particular purpose.
- Educate and train clients and stakeholders about the benefits of our approach and process to software and solutions development.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on project delivery by designing software systems, contributing code, and reviewing pull requests.
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Previous consulting experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with Azure and.NETCore environments & tooling is a plus.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- Demonstrated experience researching new tools, acquiring new skills, and implementing your new knowledge on the fly with confidence and accuracy.
- Previous professional experience with cloud providers is required; Azure is preferred.
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- A portion of your day can be aligned with the business hours of GMT +1.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- Clients love you.
- Your team trusts your decision making process.
- You are seen as the domain expert of the project
- Other project leaders are fighting to get you on their project.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.