UX Researcher - Remote
Research – Researcher /
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 130+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHO YOU ARE
As a UX Researcher, you work with small cross-functional teams to create and execute on research plans. You will be responsible for surfacing research insights that will inspire product strategy. You are a curious person, with a strong sense of humility and genuinely care about solving the right problem.
You are a natural consultant who is comfortable presenting to and engaging with clients ranging from stakeholders to C-Suite executives. You understand how to be proactive and thoughtfully propose recommendations integrating research into Theorem's fast-paced product development culture.
This is a remote-friendly role. Candidates within North America will be given priority for the sake of travel and team time zone alignment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead research for early stage discovery activities
- Plan, conduct, synthesize and communicate research findings to the internal team and our clients
- Develop an understanding of our client’s business objectives and provide fresh insights of the problem space as experienced by the end user
- Produce clear and impactful artifacts that surface the most meaningful stories from the research findings
- Coordinate recruiting, scheduling and communication with research participants
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of product design research experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or equivalent work experience in or related to Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Information Design, Design Science, or Psychology
- Seasoned practitioner in both qualitative and quantitative research, with an appreciation for applying lean methodologies to process
- Experience with both generative and evaluative research initiatives
- Demonstrates expertise with preparation for and execution of interviewing, concept testing, usability testing, ethnographic research, diary studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, personas, journey maps, remote testing and benchmarks
- Example of your work output and artifacts are a requirement for the interview process
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.