Experienced Android Mobile Engineer - Kotlin
Engineering – Engineering /
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 130+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We’re looking for an experienced Android Developer to join the team at Theorem immediately. In this role, you will be part of a squad of 1-2 UX designers, 2-3 mobile engineers and a Project Manager. You will work directly with customers to build complex, brand new code base from scratch, and design and implement features.
WHO YOU ARE
As an Android Developer, you will work with a team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications. You are a passionate, technical professional with the discipline to bring projects from A to Z, with responsibility and criticism. You are open to new languages and technical tools, and are willing to acquire the skills you need to get a job done. You are an “out of the box” thinker. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation, or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack. You have experience but also questions, curiosity and sharpness.
Your Responsibilities As Experienced Android Mobile Engineer at Theorem
- Design and build scalable enterprise web applications and databases using Kotlin.
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build the product.
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- 5 + years of professional experience working with native mobile languages
- Experience with Kotlin is required
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns and development best practices
- Strong RDBMS experience is required
- Demonstrated proficiency using 2 or more programming languages, in addition to what is required for this role, is highly preferred. Python is a plus
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Strong ability to communicate, collaborate, and empathize with others
- Fluent English level is required
- Previous consulting experience is required
- Recent experience in a high performing agile and/or lean environment, eg. Scrum, XP, Kanban, others
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection
You Will Be Successful When
- You are able to lead in your area of expertise and accept challenges outside of it, and are self driven
- You make strides collaborating with other team members, across disciplines, countries and cultures
- You are happy to receive and provide feedback, and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology, or because you're tech passionate
- You are smart. You know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You can deal with ambitious deadlines
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- You are entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.