Experienced iOS Engineer
Engineering – iOS /
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 160+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As our experienced iOS Engineer you will work on a team with a product manager, designers and other engineers to scope design and deliver products. You will provide input on app architecture. You will code, create, and review pull requests daily, and engage with internal teams and directly with clients in an agile environment.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a great communicator and are active in your development community. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
While we have team members all over the world, our current program needs require team members who are physically located between UTC -3 and UTC -8.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Architect and build iOS apps.
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products.
- Be a leader-contributor on a team creating a distributed system that will change the way people shop and interact in a retail environment
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
- Our iOS Engineer has mastered Swift and POP concepts as well as UIKit, especially the UITableView and the UICollectionView.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of professional experience
- Development experience using Swift in a production environment
- Previous experience distributing products to both the App Store and internal testers.
- Be well versed with HIG and the App Store Review Guidelines
- Have hands on experience working with Storyboards and Autolayout.
- Experienced in Unit Testing and are used to Dependency Injection.
- Open-minded and able to demonstrate continuous learning.
- Previous remote work experience on collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -7/8
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.