Product Design Manager
Design – Product Designer /
Join our global team of 350+ craftspeople! We are a consultancy that solves business problems by designing and building highly complex custom software for the world's leading companies. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
A Design Manager at TheoremOne is a thought partner whose mission is to empower designers by giving them the confidence and mentorship they need to meet their deadlines, present their designs, and do their best work. They are champions of a culture of equity, inclusion, growth, candor and excellence and ensure their team members are happily engaged at TheoremOne.
As a Design Manager, you'll work across multiple project-based, cross-functional, autonomous consulting teams to solve some of today’s most challenging problems in the digital space. You will lead your team of designers to proactively define better ways to collaborate, communicate and create, using best-in-class tools and standards.
- 5+ years hands-on digital product design experience demonstrated by an excellent on-line portfolio showcasing UX, UI and visual design work for mobile and web.
- 2+ years of experience leading a product design team, preferably designers working in agile cross-functional teams. This experience should include people management, coaching, conflict resolution and client management.
- A strong command of visual and communication design principles.
- Current practicing designer, highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, and other design tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to establish effective relationships and work well with a wide variety of people across functions and levels including leadership, product management and engineering.
- Experienced consultant: able to work with clients directly, from discovery to delivery, to drive projects progress forward.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- You know how to apply just enough process, keeping the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly.
- Organized and comfortable overseeing multiple design projects, ensuring that your team can stay focused on creating great experiences
- Experience recruiting and onboarding designers
- Empower your team to work autonomously in their cross-functional team.
- Provide growth opportunities to your team, including giving real-time helpful feedback, coaching and mentoring as needed.
- Ensure every designer on your team has a career progression plan with regular check-in points and real-time feedback.
- Partner with our clients directly by distilling complex subject matter into understandable form.
- Build consensus amongst peers and stakeholders to drive projects forward.
- Work with clients, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to define the process and quality standards on a project.
- Ensure designers on your team who are on the bench are engaged, learning and creating value.
- Promote a culture of equity, inclusiveness, growth and excellence.
- Evaluate, help hire and onboard Product Designers on teams, making sure they are equipped with all the right tools and knowledge in order to contribute successfully and meaningfully.
- Proactively engage the design community via events and networking.
- When necessary, act as Product Designer for short periods of time and as a thought partner to your team members.
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Apply anyway! We would love to meet you and find out more about how your skills could add value. At TheoremOne, we value open communication and feedback. We believe that diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
TheoremOne records interviews so that we can focus on delivering a great interview experience. If you are uncomfortable with being recorded, please let our recruiters know when they reach out to you.
Founded in 2007, TheoremOne LLC is a remote-first technology consulting company, globally distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization. Our services range from:
-New product development
-Pure R & D
If it’s cool and engaging in technology, we are likely working on it.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Consultants come to us for the autonomy, depth of project, and challenge of working with a wide range of clients across multiple platforms and industries.
Our contributors are master puzzle solvers in a vast range of technologies.
Benefits and Perks
100% REMOTE - We're fully distributed
TEAM RETREATS - We value our face to face interaction, so our team enjoys regular retreats (on pause due to Covid-but will kick back off when safe and compliant)
EDUCATION AND CAREER GROWTH - We encourage our team to undertake any professional growth opportunities available, and we offer programs and financial assistance to achieve this!
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
COMPANYWIDE VISIBILITY - We operate in a fully transparent environment to ensure we as a company and team have full understanding of where we came from, and where we are going.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US, UK, Canada, Spain and Brazil based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
TheoremOne expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual preference, romantic orientation, romantic preference, pairing orientation, pairing preference, language, lifestyle, social class, socio-economic status, political affiliation, military or veteran status, physical and mental ability, disability, hairstyle, physical features, medical condition, or any other other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. TheoremOne encourages applicants of all ages. We've created a competitive rewards model for our team members around the world. TheoremOne's benefit and compensation offerings vary depending on geographic location, are subject to eligibility requirements, and may be modified from time to time. TheoremOne is an equal opportunity employer.