Remote Product Engineering Strategist
Engineering – Solutions Architect /
Join our global team of 450+ craftspeople! We are a consultancy that solves business problems by designing and building highly complex custom software for the world's leading companies. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
TheoremOne is the winner of Comparably's Best Work-Life Balance: Top-Rated 100 Small/Mid-Sized Companies
In this role, you will be working within one of TheoremOne's small, tight-knit product discovery teams, in collaboration directly with the client, you’ll be an integral part of leading discovery efforts across varying engagements. Through close partnership with design, research, and product team members you’ll help to anchor the problem understanding and ideation process around what’s technically feasible, striving to uncover and mitigate engineering-related risks or complexity in the product.
The stated salary range of 115,000 -140,000 USD is applicable for eligible candidates that are located in the United States and hired on as an employee.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
- Through a collaborative, iterative process, you will engage directly with the client to create a high-level, clear path forward that our development team can use to drive a successful engagement. Ultimately, you’ll help the team deliver a validated roadmap for a product that delivers real value for the client and sets a clear path for a TheoremOne development team to successfully deliver on, through a combination of the following:
- Collaborate with the client and stakeholders to fully understand any constraints that may impact engineering efforts, architecture, integration points, and value
- Utilize various tools, platforms, and programming languages to assist in user research, problem understanding, risk mitigation, and ideation direction
- In coordination with user research, build and support prototypes to validate solution hypotheses, and observe and support testing to ensure valid results
- Collaborate daily with UX/UI Designers, Product Specialists, and User Researchers to uncover a solution that is technically feasible, viable for the business, and desirable by their end-users
- Work toward building and maintaining reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on both low and high fidelity prototyping, proofs of concept, and experimentation for software discovery.
- Advise and challenge peer discovery team members with technical feedback that keeps ideation on track and feasible, as well as incorporate critical feedback from design and product peers to ensure desirability and viability of the product concept
WHO YOU ARE
- You understand the importance of software product discovery. You value problem definition over solutions, learning over intuition, and direct user feedback over assumptions. You understand how this process sets up a delivery team for success
- You should be passionate about experimentation and understanding user behavior and needs in balance with the needs of the client and their business. You believe that the two usually are the same
- You enjoy learning about new technologies and business verticals while working with multiple and varied clients over time
- You can turn product requirements into concrete engineering plans or roadmaps, helping to prioritize and mitigate risk in building a product
- You have the ability to remove ambiguity and generate clarity while building trust with cross-functional partners; including but not limited to: product, design, research, data science, and the client
- You have passionate for, or an understanding of the value of quality UI and UX design
- You enjoy working at the intersection of product, engineering, and design
- You thrive in a self-managed process. You can set timelines independently and adhere to schedules and work within varied constraints
- You understand that success is not declared, it is discovered. You believe in the imperfect nature of prototyping, proofs-of-concept, and experimentation
- Driven to understand new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry
- 7+ years of experience in software development (SaaS, web, mobile) and/or technical prototyping in implementation and delivery roles
- Strong experience in consulting and working with multiple concurrent clients and stakeholders directly
- Deep understanding of available cloud platform offerings, including available out-of-the-box services, pipelines, and products the differing cloud platforms provide. Preference on AWS or Azure, but any cloud is good
- Proficient ability to effectively articulate technical problems and solutions to both large and small audiences & educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cloud
- Experience working with multiple types and sizes of organizations, from Seed level startups to large, enterprise organizations and an understanding of the different constraints involved
- Solid understanding of various agile and lean methodologies, including the importance of product discovery and dual-track agile with a single, collaborative team
- Familiarity with UI development; collaborating with designers and working with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Experience with backend development with languages like NodeJS, Ruby, or similar
- Strong understanding of software and system design, architecture, and database concepts, including wide familiarity with implementing products across various combinations of them
- You enjoy continued learning about not just product engineering but the product business and product design side of envisioning holistic products
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Apply anyway! We would love to meet you and find out more about how your skills could add value. At TheoremOne, we value open communication and feedback. We believe that diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
TheoremOne records interviews so that we can focus on delivering a great interview experience. If you are uncomfortable with being recorded, please let our recruiters know when they reach out to you.
Founded in 2007, TheoremOne LLC is a remote-first technology consulting company, globally distributed by design. Our services range from:
- New product development
- Pure R & D
- Legacy modernization
- Revenue generation
- Process optimization
- Organizational transformation
If it’s cool and engaging in technology, we are likely working on it.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof. Consultants come to us for the autonomy, depth of project, and challenge of working with a wide range of clients across multiple platforms and industries.
Our contributors are master puzzle solvers in a vast range of technologies.
Benefits and Perks
100% REMOTE - We're fully distributed
EDUCATION AND CAREER GROWTH - We encourage our team to undertake any professional growth opportunities available, and we offer programs and financial assistance to achieve this!
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
COMPANYWIDE VISIBILITY - We operate in a fully transparent environment to ensure we as a company and team have full understanding of where we came from, and where we are going.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US, UK, Canada, and Spain based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
TheoremOne expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual preference, romantic orientation, romantic preference, pairing orientation, pairing preference, language, lifestyle, social class, socio-economic status, political affiliation, military or veteran status, physical and mental ability, disability, hairstyle, physical features, medical condition, or any other other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. TheoremOne encourages applicants of all ages. We've created a competitive rewards model for our team members around the world. TheoremOne's benefit and compensation offerings vary depending on geographic location, are subject to eligibility requirements, and may be modified from time to time. TheoremOne is an equal opportunity employer.