Los Angeles /
Communications/PR – Associate Program /
Internship: full-time, 6 months
Associates are the backbone to OutCast. They keep our agency running and are critical to the success of our teams. OutCast is currently looking for curious, bold individuals who are passionate about helping some of the most innovative brands in the world create and share their stories. Associates have the opportunity to work across three to four diverse account teams, supporting some of the top Fortune 500 brands, such as Amazon, Facebook, Adobe and Intuit.
OutCast’s Associate Program is a unique and differentiating experience. The Associate Program is a paid six-month, immersive introduction to integrated marketing and communications that helps aspiring professionals build a solid foundation for a successful career. The program is a direct path to a potential full-time position in OutCast’s communications, marketing and creative service areas.
Our Associates are integral to their account teams as they compile client-ready work and form strategic recommendations. It's essential that our Associates have strong communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
We recognize that personal and professional growth are important factors when considering where to start a career. The Associate Program offers an exciting opportunity to be coached by a professional in the communications, marketing and creative space, where you are provided with ongoing feedback and developmental opportunities throughout your Associateship.
*Important Note* In the wake of COVID-19, all OutCast positions are currently remote. We hope to have this person work onsite in one of our physical spaces once offices reopen pending the safety of the COVID-19 outbreak.
What You'll Do
- Gain and practice a basic understanding of key client information, including products and services, key customers and competitors and general business strategy in day-to-day tasks
- Provide administrative support to account teams, such as drafting agendas, taking meeting notes and action items and updating activity trackers
- Track, analyze and summarize client and industry news and share high-level insights and recommendations with account teams
- Compile coverage reports and summarize key takeaways in a clear and concise way
- Provide initial draft of materials such as media pitches, analyses, briefing documents and other materials, as needed
- Build and maintain in-depth materials such as media lists, editorial calendars, speaking calendars and awards lists
- Conduct, compile, and present research to account teams to inform the strategic direction of campaigns or accounts
- Identify trends in online conversations and pinpoint key influencers/ media
- Social media monitoring and content creation
- Use web and social media analytics platforms to measure campaign success and provide data-backed recommendations to account teams for optimization
- Participate in weekly Agency and Associate-specific trainings and meetings
- Participate in strategic brainstorms around current clients or new business opportunities; support with research, as needed
- Support OutCast on various projects and administrative tasks as needed
Benefits and Perks
- Paid internship with additional bonus upon completion of the six months
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Benefits including medical, dental and vision benefits; 401(k); transit benefits
- Hands-on integrated marketing and communications experience
- Assigned career coach that provides ongoing feedback and developmental opportunities
- Potential opportunity to convert to full-time employee at the end of the program, dependent on performance and business need
- Shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities with skilled professionals
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with the marketing and communications disciplines through past coursework and/or other internships
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to adapt and prioritize in fast-paced conditions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Deadline-driven and strong attention to detail
- Big-picture thinker, always asking the “why” behind things
- Extremely organized; successful in managing time and prioritizing responsibilities
- Able to remain present, motivated and engaged in a remote-work environment
OutCast is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.