Open to Seattle, San Francisco, or Los Angeles /
Communications/PR – Public Relations Account Management /
The Account Director, Communications plays the role of an account leader for many smaller to mid-size client engagements. They are essential in maintaining the overall health and success of account teams at OutCast, both from a client and team development perspective. As an account leader, they are responsible for the strategic oversight and guidance of internal teams and clients, including helping to develop the overall communications strategy, providing client counsel, directing major launches and initiatives, as well as overseeing client budgets and helping maintain OutCast’s high performance team organizational structure. The position serves as the eyes and ears within the assigned team to include employee coaching and development, counseling, performance appraisals and goal measurement.
Who You Are:
· A strategic thinker that applies a big picture view to all situations and opportunities
· Business savvy and able to understand what will move the needle for clients
· Empathetic,hands-onteamleadthatwilldrivehigh-performanceteamphilosophies and ensure regular communication
· Reliableandtrustworthyteammatethatalwayshasthebestinterestsoftheirteamand client at heart
· Dedicated to establishing and maintaining a strong client partnership and understands the value it brings to accounts
· Have a hypergrowth mindset and are agile enough to navigate the everchanging communications landscape
· Reliable, trustworthy and adaptable teammate and account lead
· Patient, understanding and empathetic in difficult situations
What You’ll Do:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Take full ownership and responsibility for success of account teams and activity, ensuring excellence is present in all work delivered
· Develop,execute,andprovideoversightforstrategicprogramsandinitiativesacross accounts that enhance client brands and advance their overarching communication objectives
· Guide account teams on how to bring a big picture view to planning and day-to-day thinking and execution
· Secure media opportunities for clients and the agency by bringing a strong awareness andunderstandingofthemedialandscapeandestablishedrelationshipswithmultiple reporters/analysts across sectors
· Overseeclientbudgetandmonthlybilling;providestrategiccounseltoclientforbudget forecasting
· Act as a central point of contact for account health, demonstrating an ability to handle difficult client and staff situations and up-level concerns
· Makes recommendations on team staffing to ensure the team has ample coverage and complementary skillsets
· Lead client strategy meetings and provide high-level counsel and rcommendations
· Support clients during crisis situations with clear, concise strategy and recommendations
· Develophigh-levelpositioningandmessagingforclientsandtheagency;Leadorco-lead messaging and positioning training
· Participate in media training for account spokespeople, leading or co-leading sessions
· Maintain strong network of media and influencer relationships, sharing insights or proactive opportunities to account teams and the agency
· Assist with onboarding new team members
Internal Agency Focus:
· Ensure each and every member on the team is clear about role and goals and in engaged in OutCast
· Activelyparticipateinthenewbusinessprocessbyvettingopportunities,leadingintake calls, proposal and pitch development, providing input and recommendations, etc.
· Identify opportunities to grow existing accounts through additional agency service offerings
· Represent agency and/or clients at key industry events
· Contribute to the agency training and development program and lead agency trainings
· ProactivelymentorAccountSupervisorsandSeniorAccountExecutiveswithafocuson growth and development; provide timely and constructive and feedback to teammates/peers
· ServeasaCo-pilottoSeniorLeaderstomanagethegrowthanddevelopmentofteam members and high-performance teams
What You’ll Need:
· B.S. in Communications or related, advanced degree preferred
· 7+yearspublicrelations,mediarelations,corporatecommunicationsexperience(can be combined)
· 4+ years direct experience supervising individuals and managing teams
· 4+ years project management experience
· Demonstrated success in: managing and developing key personnel, strategy, implementation, client relations and counsel, staff oversight and mentoring, and agency fiscal management
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Deep industry knowledge
· Understanding of complex products, services and solutions
Who We Are: OutCast is a communications & marketing firm. We are strategists and creatives who, like our partners, have a hyper-growth mindset to drive change and create value for transformative companies at all stages. Founded in 1997, OutCast has offices in San Francisco, New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Seattle and London.
OutCast Values: Excellence. Integrity. Balance. Purpose. Inclusion.
EEO Disclaimer: OutCast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.