San Mateo, CA
Finance – Finance
We are a family of medical professionals, women's health advocates, and software engineers on a mission to simplify the process of getting birth control! If you are interested in working at a rapidly growing healthcare startup and want to get in on the ground floor of building a company that’s changing the way birth control is dispensed please consider joining our team!
We are looking for a highly resourceful Accountant that takes initiative, makes recommendations and is ready to join our disrupting company! This individual will be responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, premium and claims transactions, for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial and regulatory reports, based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Findings and recommendations are presented to senior management.
- Analyze, validate and process transactions.
- Investigate and resolve outstanding items.
- Maintain integrity of accounting information in the system and make adjustments as needed.
- Assists in day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger.
- Prepares basic financial reports.
- Input invoices and pay items through Bill.com
- Assist with AR, inventory, and COGS
- Input month end items such as accruals
- Submits journal entries
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts
- Review expense reports on Expensify
- Performs under moderate supervision.
- Required 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Requires knowledge of computer systems, PC’s and associated software packages.
- Prior experience with Quickbooks and Netsuite a plus.
- Requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment, and discretion in contacts with management and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively and independently in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Experience in high growth startup a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with medical-related or online medical products companies a plus.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.