Part-Time Triage Registered Nurse (RN)
About The Pill Club
The Pill Club is making women’s healthcare more accessible and affordable by creating a simple, personal and convenient patient experience. Our mission is to be the most trusted health care partner for women, empowering our members through greater access, choice, and education about their options —all while delivering a positive and personal experience. Simply put: we’re putting the ‘care’ back into health care.
Starting with birth control, we’ve built in-house medical and pharmacy capabilities all integrated with insurance, to create a superior customer experience. In doing so, we have defined digital contraceptive care for women and are the nation’s leading integrated healthcare platform, combining telemedicine and direct-to-consumer pharmacy with the broadest insurance coverage in the space. Our ambition is to bring this level of superior customer experience to all areas of women’s digital primary care.
We are a growth stage company with over $100M in venture capital funding from leading investors, such as VMG Partners, GV (Google Ventures), Shasta Ventures, Base 10 Ventures, Acme Labs and more. Today, we serve hundreds of thousands of members nationwide, and prescribe in 48 states, plus Washington, D.C
About this job
The Triage RN provides healthcare consultation to patient care coordinators facilitating the navigation of patients seeking telemedicine services through The Pill Club. Further provides services and health advice for patients via SMS text, telehealth platforms, and over the phone. Evaluates, assesses, and documents patients’ questions, concerns, and provides appropriate intervention(s). Must implement critical thinking to provide best allocation of health services per patient need (i.e.: patient education, consultation with our medical provider, further evaluation with primary healthcare provider or OB-GYN, referral to local urgent care/ER, etc.). The Triage RN further functions as a liaison between patient care coordinators and the nurse practitioner team. Ideally, candidates should be clinically strong in Women’s Health, have telehealth and/or triage experience, function autonomously and competently, and have strong critical thinking skills to provide appropriate triage care.
** Candidate must be available to work weekday evening shifts between 6pm and 10pm EST**
- Interact with patients primarily via SMS text messages, but also by email and phone as needed. The majority of work will be completed and documented in our internal patient portal. Patients are served-up to the RN’s based on urgency and wait time
- Assess and triage severity of problems regarding services provided by TPCMG (The Pill Club Medical Group)
- Determine the best plan of care with appropriate level of intervention utilizing clinic protocols, guidelines and resources while keeping patient safety as the top priority. (Education, Consult with our medical provider, Referral to primary healthcare provider for evaluation, Referral to the Emergency Department)
- Provide education and answer patient questions as appropriate
- Follow all clinical protocols and guidelines
- Prior to the start of each scheduled shift, read and understand team updates, announcements, etc. sent by email, slack, shared documents, meeting slides/notes, etc
- Be proactive in learning and understanding. Reach out to supervisors as appropriate if you do not understand something or need additional clarification/coaching/training. Escalate difficult or complex patients to the RN management team as needed. Reach out to team members or RN leadership with questions as appropriate
- Acknowledge slack communications, complete meeting attendance forms, as well as provide feedback on policies & protocols as requested
- Communicate, collaborate, coordinate with Nurse Practitioners and other teams within Pill Club. Assist with cross team patient escalations to ensure patient safety and satisfaction
- Be responsible for keeping all RN licenses active and current without any lapses
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Current/active RN multistate licensure
- Ability to delegate and make sound clinical judgments with patient safety as a top priority
- Two-years experience as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to understand and navigate MS Windows, Google Apps (G Suite),messenger apps and EMR(s)
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current/Active multi-state licensure which allows you to practice in all 50 states + DC
- Experience in Women’s Health, OB-GYN, and/or Family Planning
- Prior clinical triage experience
- Telehealth/Telemedicine experience
- Experience with and the ability to work autonomously in a remote virtual team environment
- Effective and positive interpersonal communication skills
The Pill Club is committed to employee health and safety. COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all employees who work, have desire to work, or have occasion to be in office, with the exception of those who have an approved exemption for medical or religious accommodation.
- 401k plan and matching
- Generous sick time
- Pet insurance via Petplan
- Gym, travel and additional discounts via Perkspot
If you fit most of these requirements and love the idea of working to improve women’s health, please apply with a resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.