Head of Clinical Operations
San Mateo, CA
Medical – Medical Administration
About PILL CLUB
Pill Club is a consumer healthcare company that leverages technology and community to empower women with better access to the highest quality medical care, reproductive health products, and information. After careful review and assessment of each patient's medical history, treatment decisions are made based on evidence-based guidelines and protocols. Patients’ telemedicine visits and prescriptions can be submitted to insurance when applicable or can be cash pay to obtain birth control, emergency contraception and related products that are delivered directly to the patient’s door, expanding contraceptive access to women nationwide.
The Head of Clinical Operations will have responsibility for managing all clinical providers. This will include ensuring safe and effective medical services are provided to all patients in compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements and evidence-based guidelines. The Head of Clinical Operations will have day-to-day management responsibility of the following: Medical Doctors, Collaborating Physicians, RNs, RNPs and PAs as well as cross-functional relationships with Customer Service Representatives/ Patient Care Support Specialists.
The Head of Clinical Operations has day-to-day medical management responsibility for all patient visits and interactions and the following:
- Ensure maintenance of the integrity of a strong and clinically competent medical team.
- Manage recruitment of all clinical staff in conjunction with medical team recruiter.
- Create and nurture a culture of professionalism, collegial collaboration and continuous improvement of processes and clinical excellence to ensure patient safety and evidence-based practice.
- Work cross-functionally with Growth and Marketing teams, to determine new clinical services appropriate to our model of care with prioritization justification based on review of clinical literature.
- Lead development of supporting documents with evidence-based references and step-by-step protocols for all clinical services provided.
- Manage the medical and ancillary clinical team responsible for facilitating compliance with evidence-based practice and regulatory and performance standards.
- Develop a clinical quality program and supporting systems for continuous improvement to include metrics and audits of individual providers to ensure compliance with all protocols.
- Clinical leader, responsible for providing a framework for planning, directing, coordinating, and improving care, treatment, and services.
- Provide ongoing clinical guidance, support and education to the clinical team.
- Lead regular clinical team meeting discussions to determine best clinical approach to refine existing protocols on an ongoing basis, manage and document complex cases for future reference by providers.
- Serve as the clinical lead for scientific discussions at all advisory board meetings of scientific experts in the field, once this board is created.
- Responsibility for employee growth and development, recruitment and retention, reward and recognition and ongoing evaluation.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate licensure of all clinical staff.
- Board Certified MD in OB/GYN or Family Medicine
- California medical license required, multi-state licensure desired
- DEA license required
- Minimum of 5 years of women’s health clinical practice experience
- Minimum of 3 years managing a clinical team
- Experience managing remote clinical teams is strongly desired
- Familiarity with metrics, audits, development of evidence-based protocols
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, Stark laws, Fraud, Waste and Abuse statutes at federal and state level
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and develop strong working relationships within a company
- Experience in continuous quality improvement desired
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.