Senior Growth Systems Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Technology – Engineering
Pill Club is an exciting Femtech/Healthtech company empowering women to make decisions about their health, judgment-free, from their smartphone. Our members no longer have to go to unnecessary doctor visits, pay marked-up pharmacy prices, or wait in line for their birth control.
At the moment, Pill Club prescribes and delivers birth control directly to our members, along with a care package of goodies, filled with chocolate and other great samples. However, we want to do more, and are looking for a great engineer to join our core engineering team.
The Growth Systems Engineer is an essential part of the Pill Club technology team. This position will work closely with the marketing, design, and operations teams. In this role, you will be part of the core Frontend team and work with React, ES6, Redux, Gatsby, Babel, Webpack and CSS. As a core team member, you will ensure our web application works well on all screen sizes. In the last year, our revenue has grown 5x the amount of the previous years; people believe in what we're doing. The rapid and consistent growth will encourage this role to architect and design systems that can sustain high volume transactions and ever-growing complexity.
In the first 30 days, you will design, build and deliver small features to monitor, optimize and automate our manual processes. You’ll familiarize yourself with our stack, code review process, and codebase to learn how everything is connected. After graduating from smaller features, you will graduate to complex and larger initiatives, including planning, estimating and delivery.
This job will be mainly on-site in San Mateo, CA with some remote work options.
- Develop and maintain online Advertising integrations with partners like Google, Facebook, and Snap
- Work with the Marketing team to build new features, and maintain our existing analytics reporting logic
- Help define, implement, and report on A/B experiments
- Enhance and maintain the PiLL CLUB Blog
- Develop beautiful and responsive experiences that serve hundreds of thousands of female users
- Write reliable, modular, scalable and well-tested code
- Be able to work independently and use independent judgment to problem solve
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
Years and Type of Experience/Skills Required:
- Some experience with web analytics/reporting tools
- Exposure to AWS, RESTful APIs
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Prior experience as a Growth Engineer
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, GTM, and/or Segment
- Experience using HTML and CSS to build responsive web applications
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- SEO experience
- Strong CS Fundamentals
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.