Vice President, Product
San Mateo, CA
Executive – Executive
The Head of Product will be a member of the executive team and a key business partner to the Chief Executive Officer. As part of the leadership team, this role will create and oversee the product road-map for all of Pill Club’s products, with the goal of creating exciting consumer products in the women’s health market. The chosen candidate will also possess a track record of operational excellence, who has generated significant impact through the strategic and tactical direction of automation, fulfillment centers, and inbound call centers. The role is critical to defining the future of the product and service offerings, and overall company strategy.
The ideal candidate will have had a successful track record of creating and delivering products that resonate strongly with consumers. They will be data driven, and creative, continuously testing and looking for new and innovative ways to delight the customer. The Head of Product will be hands-on and equally comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves to get the job done, as they are with delivering through others. He/she will be an inspiring leader and communicator, capable of articulating and presenting a clear and compelling vision as part of the senior leadership team. This leader will also be highly effective at cross-functional stakeholder management and a strong and credible contributor to executive team decision- making.
- To change lives – to be passionate about the mission of empowering women around their health and well-being; to endeavor beyond the current product offering in the service of this mission.
- Define, articulate, and execute product and design vision and company strategy.
- Collaborate with the executive management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Gain and share insights with other leadership team members to continue improving the product and the business.
- Lead and present to senior management regularly—at least quarterly—analyses of Pill Club’s product portfolio to optimize allocation of the company’s investment based on KPIs and financial measurements of product portfolio.
- Work closely with the analytics team to uncover insights and new opportunities for growth and differentiation; regularly socialize insights to executive leadership.
- Manage product management team.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, engineering, and ops team.
- Build effective processes and metrics for success.
- Facilitate a new disciplined approach and standards for the roadmap and direction of the organization.
- Continuously investigate and introduce process improvement measures and present suggestions to CEO for consideration.
- Define product requirements and the overall road-map of the business with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, impact and operational efficiencies.
- Assess in detail the current operating procedures and protocols and be the architect and driver of change where needed.
- Hire, mentor and manage teams who will drive forward Pill Club’s mission and an ever- expanding product vision around improved access, convenience, quality and privacy.
- Drive innovation and scalable processes around the product development cycle.
- Develop metrics to assess the success of products and features and determine necessary enhancements.
- Oversee customer experience to test, iterate and develop methodology and analysis to improve the customer journey and lift crucial success metrics.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Work closely with Pill Club’s engineering, design, data, and operations teams around release scope and priorities, delivery estimates, and product release process.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of consumer product management experience.
- Proven experience at building a relationship with the customer; better yet with having built a thriving community around a consumer product or service offering.
- Experience having scaled the Product org in an operations-driven company.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.