San Mateo, CA
People Ops – People
About Pill Club
We are a family of medical professionals, women's health advocates, and software engineers on a mission to simplify the process of getting birth control! If you are interested in working at a rapidly growing healthcare startup and want to get in on the ground floor of building a company that’s changing the way birth control is dispensed please consider joining our team!
Provides Human Resources support and direction to managers, supervisors, and employees for the purpose of supporting the business initiatives, enhancing organizational performance and improving employee morale. Responsible for implementation of human resources practices, policies and procedures including compensation, benefits, discipline, coaching, legal compliance, employee relations, processes employee actions, conducts/supports new hire orientation, and acts as an advocate of an employee throughout the employee lifecycle. Assist with employee relations support, as needed.
- Employee Relations and compliance: Works with People Ops and consults with line managers and employees on employee relations issues and problems in order to ensure that employees are fairly and equitably treated and to ensure legal guidelines are followed so that the business is protected. Partner with the HR Director on complex issues.
- Supports performance enablement process by ensuring OKRs and quarterly check-ins are completed and merit increases processed, working with line managers to ensure employees receive timely and effective feedback.
- Provides guidance to supervisors in the use and application of Human Resource policies and practices. Partner with People Ops in delivering training to the business unit(s) on new hire orientation, HR policies, and processes.
- Maintains employee lifecycle survey process, along with People Ops Team, seeking to recommend solutions and to deliver high-quality retention programs that result in the company’s improved performance and employee retention.
- Under the guidance of the HR Director, may investigate and respond to employment-based claims internally and from FCC, EEOC and other federal, state or government agencies.
- Partners with client leaders on employee change requests initiate paperwork and send to HRIS for input into HRIS.
- Performs various HR functions to support the business unit which could include but is not limited to internal staffing, compensation and benefits support, leave administration, performance management.
- Coordinates and assists on projects as assigned by the HR Director.
- Promote workplace safety.
- Perform exit interviews.
- 3+ years of experience in working in Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- HR certification preferred.
- Compliance – Understanding of key policies or legal practices that could impact business decisions. Understands company handbook and policies and can apply these in the execution of job duties.
- Leveraging Inclusion – Can incorporate diversity throughout the organization.
- Employee Champion – Able to increase employee morale, commitment and contribution through listening to their needs and responding with needed processes and products.
- Performance Management Application – Applies performance enhancement tools and processes consistently across the organization to support a culture of empowerment and high performance.
- Coaching and counseling – Influences and changes individuals’ behavior and beliefs through a discovery process.
- Interviewing skills - Plans and executes a detailed process to uncover needed information about candidates when interviewing (not a primary task, but may be asked to assist recruiting)
- Conflict resolution/negotiating skills – Resolves differences impartially through “win-win” solutions.
- Human resource functional knowledge – Uses knowledge of Human Resources systems (e.g. staffing, career development, compensation) and accesses Subject Matter Experts to support the development of Human resources programs and processes.
- Business partnership – Able to proactively and continually collaborate with clients and colleagues to ensure needed business outcomes.
- Problem resolution – Proven ability to analyze problems and solve them creatively.
- Able to multitask, have demonstrated detail orientation, prioritization skills, and time management skills to ensure that work-related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a positive manner in a team-oriented, high demand and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Familiarity with a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application and use of personal computers to include GSuite and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for customer service levels and/or time-sensitive projects. Incumbent must be able to support operations which are opened weekends and evenings. All employees must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
- Travel may be required to attend work related meetings and training sessions.
- Knowledge and experience with medical related or online medical products companies a plus.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.