VP of Brand
San Mateo, CA
Executive – Executive
Join a team of passionate consumer marketers at a rapidly growing healthcare startup that is committed to empowering women with personalized healthcare. Pill Club is the first company to have a birth control pharmacy service in all 50 states. Our business has grown tremendously over the past year, and our expansion continues as we become the definitive leader in this space.
Pill Club’s largest competitive advantage lies in their verticalized infrastructure and expert navigation and acquisition of insurance contracts. Owning and operating their pharmacies and patient teams has allowed them to achieve significant growth and scale over the last two years. While the company is off to an exciting start, birth control is just the beginning. The ultimate vision is for Pill Club to become the dominant women’s healthcare brand across all life stages, with categories spanning birth control, feminine hygiene, fertility, and maternal care. Pill Club is headquartered in the Bay Area and is backed by top-tier investors including VMG Partners, Shasta Ventures, Google Ventures, and Acme Capital.
- Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Brand will be responsible for building the most trusted brand in women’s reproductive healthcare.
- Oversees content creation, brand partnerships and campaign creation
- Responsible for building a passionate community and driving word of mouth marketing
- Works effectively in partnership with the other executives to drive cross-functional initiatives such as product innovation, customer acquisition and improved customer experience
- Responsible for building, hiring, managing, and leading a brand marketing team
- Develop and amplify a holistic content strategy that increases organic acquisition and PR
- Create and execute a playbook for an ambassador program and other creative offline acquisition strategies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and driving results
- He/She will have executed a rebranding and/or brand refresh that involved establishing frameworks around tone, voice, creative and product development parameters
- Track record of creating and building brands that connect with female consumers on an emotional level
- Leader and an executer with a strong presence and interpersonal skills who has experience successfully working cross-functionally to complete initiatives
- Track record managing and optimizing agency partnership (PR, Media, Creative, etc.)
- History of attracting, retaining and developing strong brand marketing talent.
- Rigorously holds oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of performance.
- Conveys a sense of mission and drives issues to closure.
- Track record creating loyal communities that foster word of mouth marketing
- Strategic & Analytical Capabilities: Data-driven and experienced in agile marketing operating approach (constant testing, learning, and iterating).
- Possess a strong right brain/left brain balance.
- Experience working in a metrics/KPI-driven organization
- Translates data into focused insights.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can navigate a complex and fast-moving environment
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.