Content Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Join a team of passionate consumer marketers at a rapidly growing healthcare startup that is committed to empowering women with personalized health care. Pill Club is the first company to have a birth control pharmacy service in all 50 states. Our business has grown tremendously over the past year, and our expansion continues as we become the definitive leader in this space.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to support the Marketing and Growth team by executing a data-driven content marketing strategy to drive visibility (via SEO and other organic platforms) and increase content engagement by providing transparency to women’s healthcare and building trust with our audience. Our ideal candidate is both creative and analytical. You are a natural problem solver with a passion for empowering women, and understand how driving toward key metrics and uncovering new opportunities to maximize inbound traffic and engagement facilitates that.
This role requires expertise in content marketing metrics and optimization, collaboration with internal and external content creators, and the ability to create and tailor content yourself. You’ll bring a mix of creativity, collaboration, execution discipline, and accountability to results.
- Make Pill Club the trusted destination for women’s healthcare and sexual well-being by owning Pill Club’s written content strategy and optimization roadmap and optimizing towards awareness and engagement.
- Lead content creation across the website and blog.
- Collaborate with the broader marketing team to define content strategy in other channels: email, paid acquisition, etc.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Pill Club’s patient journey; work with healthcare experts and internal teams to ideate on content strategy that helps our patients in their journey.
- Collaborate with SEO partners to uncover traffic expansion opportunities and partner with creative, product, and engineering teams to implement SEO recommendations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing website and content performance dashboards.
- 5+ years of experience with at least 1 year of a proven track record of leading content strategy and execution, and growing a brand’s traffic and engagement across platforms.
- Experience working with analytical tools (Google Analytics, etc.) to drive performance.
- Experience leading content marketing with an understanding of the tone/voice of our customer (women, 18-45).
- Data-driven. You love to dig into the data to understand trends, generate hypotheses, and scale successful findings.
- Creative, growth-oriented, and collaborative. You collaborate well with other teams and get excited about trying new ideas in an effort to get better.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You have the innate ability to present information and ideas logically and clearly.
- Direct and recent experience working with digital marketing platforms (Pinterest, Medium, etc.) to drive awareness in addition to owned content is a plus.
- Experience writing content at an e-commerce, fashion, subscription commerce brands is a plus.
- Experience with content creation and editing tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud) a plus.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.