Staff Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Technology – Technology
Pill Club is an exciting Femtech/Healthtech company empowering women to make decisions about their health, judgment-free, from their smartphone. Our members no longer have to go to unnecessary doctor visits, pay marked-up pharmacy prices, or wait in line for their birth control.
At the moment, Pill Club prescribes and delivers birth control directly to our members, along with a care package of goodies, filled with chocolate and other great samples. However, we want to do more, and we are looking for a great Engineer to help us do it to join our core engineering team.
Engineer is an essential part of Pill Club Technology Team. You will work very closely with the design, marketing, and operations teams. You will be part of the core Frontend team and work on React, ES6, and SASS. As a core team member, you will ensure our web application works well on all screen sizes. In the last year, our revenue has grown 5x the amount of the previous years, so people believe in what we're doing. The rapid and consistent growth encourages you to architect and design systems that can sustain high volume transactions and ever-growing complexity.
In the first 30 days, you will design, build and deliver small features to monitor, optimize and automate the manual process. You’ll familiarize yourself with our stack, code review process, and codebase to learn how everything is connected. After graduating from smaller features, you will graduate to complex and larger initiatives, including planning, estimating and delivery.
Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 4+ years of professional experience in React
- Expertise in with React and Redux
- Strong CS Fundamentals
- Experience with responsive web applications
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Build the foundation for the rest of the front-end engineering team
- Work with the backend engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Develop beautiful and responsive experiences that serve hundreds of thousands of female users
- Write reliable, modular, scalable and well-tested codes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Exposure to AWS, RESTful APIs