Desktop Support Specialist - Tier 1
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Technology – IT
About Pill Club
We are a family of medical professionals, women's health advocates, and software engineers on a mission to simplify the process of getting birth control! If you are interested in working at a rapidly growing healthcare startup and want to get in on the ground floor of building a company that’s changing the way birth control is dispensed, please consider joining our team!
Pill Club is expanding, and looking for a full-time experienced Desktop Support Specialist who can provide support for our staff. The successful candidate will work with our Information Technology team to maintain the computer systems for our office in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, just south of DFW airport. The Desktop Support Specialist will work across a broad range of areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. You will be responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, instant message and in person, to provide solutions explanations in technical and non-technical terms, to both on-site and remote users. As well as vendors. This position will require high initiative and the ability to work independently, with limited support at this location.
Ideal Candidate Should Be:
- Highly knowledgeable of G-Suite, Windows applications, and networking fundamentals
- Comfortable with occasional after-hours work, including nights/weekends
- Experienced in responding to a ticket based support system and other methods of communication
- Familiar with following strict protocols and adhering to compliance/regulations
- Able to effectively problem solve unique issues independently
- Build and deploy PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smartphones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Maintain installed PCs, telephone systems, and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log, and resolve technical problems with software applications
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with departmental and corporate guidelines and timelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients Escalate issues in a timely manner
- Associate degree or equivalent verifiable work experience in closely related field
- CompTIA A+/Net+/Security+, Google Apps Certified Administrator and/or Google IT Support Professional certifications
- Scripting and automation (Powershell/Python/Bash)
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.