New York, NY /
Recount Media is looking for an energetic, passionate and strategic sales lead who wants to build a brand and work in the most important news story of our era: politics.
Reporting to the VP, Brand Partnerships, the Account Executive will work internally across teams to bring in new partners and revenue through media, branded content, and event sponsorships, and externally with media agencies and brands directly.
- Ability to strategize on target clients and work to evolve Recount’s go-to-market strategy.
- Develop proactive proposals and be part of the development of responses to briefs, via media plans and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with all internal departments across video/editorial, production, and tech, to develop ideas and proposals.
- Constantly evolve and improve our approach and processes for prospect development and go-to-market ideas.
- Lead pre and post sales, run external meetings, and streamline/quarterback next steps internally.
- Drive client campaign performance, offer solutions, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Proficient in media strategy, custom content, and social distribution and activation.
- Represent Recount at events, entertaining clients and serving as a brand ambassador.
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years in digital media (sales development/client services or media sales a plus).
- Operational excellence and accountability, a passion for pulling pieces together and project managing to completion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, have a positive attitude and a passion for learning.
- Exceptional project management skills, with a proven record of achieving goals and objectives and problem solving solutions.
- Must have the ability to obtain and conduct face-to-face meetings with key decision makers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to operate independently, take ownership of projects and be a central point of contact.
- Bonus: Have relationships across media agencies, holding companies and target brands.
Read about Recount's leadership and investors here.