Client Services Manager
New York, NY /
The Recount was founded by John Heilemann and John Battelle in 2019 as a place to find short form video content that would keep you updated on the news — without all the extra stuff. The Recount is a leading media platform that produces high-quality journalism across a suite of digital, social and experiential products at the intersection of politics, business, tech and culture. Through more than a dozen short-form programs, a daily livestream of sharp content and an ever-growing podcast network, The Recount solves two central problems in media today: information overload and time famine. We want people to know the important stuff and not have to waste time on the things that aren’t.
The Recount is looking for a digital media advertising dynamo who thrives in a fast paced environment. This role will oversee the development and implementation of advertising campaigns across The Recount’s vast product offerings. This will be an internal sales support role, with dual responsibilities. Pre-sale: responsible for responding to RFP’s, sales inquiries, and assisting sellers develop proposals resulting from client meetings. Post-sale: Act as the main point of contact post sale and responsible for the overall management of campaigns, including implementation, ad trafficking, reporting, and insertion order reconciliation for billing purposes.
Who you are
This person is solution-oriented and a creative thinker with the ability to connect marketing strategies to business objectives, finding ways to strategically and creatively communicate value propositions to clients. You are well experienced in managing client needs and have excellent communication and customer service skills. Last but not least, you are detail oriented, a problem solver, and stays calm under pressure
- Support sales needs across all revenue streams, including Twitter Amplify, podcasts, newsletter, O&O, events, and streaming.
- Collaborate with sales and internal teams to help build and pitch sellable franchise opportunities
- Articulate strategic ideas via written proposals and presentations in tandem with the sales team
- Helps manage client database, call reports, calendars, and internal/external communications
- Own IO process
- Schedule & traffic newsletter and owned & operated campaigns, while working with clients to secure necessary approvals before the campaign begins
- Compile delivery and campaign wrap-up reports from campaign performance and results
- Verify accuracy of billing information for all campaigns
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing relevant research and metrics to assist in the sale.
- Assist in monitoring inventory use for all digital inventory
- This role will support the overall revenue growth and performance of current sellers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years of experience in advertising, sales, marketing, consulting, or media.Significant exposure to and understanding of the online/digital/internet space
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Outstanding customer support/ services skills required
- Strong PC skills with the following Microsoft applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effectively manage issues and relationships
Applicants must be vaccinated
Read about our recent Series B win
The Recount offers a competitive salary with impressive benefits and great perks portfolio.
The Recount is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.