News Video Editor
New York, NY /
Original Content /
The Recount was founded by John Heilemann and John Battelle in 2019 as a place to find short form video content that would keep you updated on the news — without all the extra stuff. The Recount is a leading media platform that produces high quality journalism across a suite of digital, social and experiential products at the intersection of politics, business, tech and culture. Through more than a dozen short-form programs, streaming content and a growing podcast network, The Recount solves two central problems in media today: information overload and time famine. We want people to know the important stuff and not have to waste time on the things that aren’t.
Since 2019, we’ve expanded into podcasts (we now have 5), and then we took those podcasts and began cutting full length episodes + clips for our YouTube channel. Now, we are bringing that channel to streaming (currently Roku, but we will be expanding further once we add a couple more series to the mix).
About the Role
Recount Media is looking for a News Video Editor who is highly creative, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, news environment. Reporting to the Supervising Producer, the News Video Editor will take our weekly podcasts and edit supplementary video content. The person in this role must be comfortable and proficient in editing long and short form video, including creating motion graphics in Adobe After Effects.
This position is temporarily remote. Offices will reopen later this year in New York City, Flatiron District.
Must include cover letter.
- Edit full length recordings based on transcripts to create full episodes as well as timely news clips
- Incorporate additional footage in a visually compelling, creative way
- Create supplemental graphics when relevant
- Find creative ways to improve the format and elevate the series
- Work closely with producers to ensure timely delivery of content based on programming schedule
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years as editor in professional digital media environment, news organization preferred
- Professional proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Interest in news, particularly in the areas of politics, technology, and business
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to address notes efficiently
Check out our YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Read about our recent Series B win
The Recount offers a competitive salary with impressive benefits and great perks portfolio.
The Recount is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.