New York, NY or Remote /
Are you a programmer interested in politics? Come work with us!
Recount Media is a startup backed by A-list investors including USV and True Ventures focused on high quality journalism and short form video with a simple mission – to deliver the news that matters in good faith and without wasting your time or insulting your intelligence.
Recount Media is hiring an experienced backend software engineer to to help build the future of news consumption.
In this role you will
- Help architect and implement a new distributed platform to create, curate and distribute Recount’s content across platforms
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to determine how to design backend systems that meet their needs
- Help shape the engineering best-practices and culture of our growing team
Who you are
- You have designed, implemented and maintained public API services
- You are an empathetic engineer who enjoys leading and contributing to technical projects
- You enjoy helping other team members grow and be successful
- You value simple and elegant solutions to complex problems that you and others find easy to understand and maintain
- You want to work in a product-driven startup environment and are thoughtful about when to move fast and when to do things right
And you have experience or are interested in learning
- Designing and implementing scalable public APIs services in NodeJS, Ruby, Python or similar
- Engineering best practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and other cloud provider platforms
We care deeply about building a diverse team, and supporting every team member in their career and skill growth. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a respectful workplace that values everyone on our team bringing their whole selves to work. We are committed to paying market-competitive compensation.