Sales Director, Brand Partnerships
New York, NY /
The Recount launched in October 2019 and was founded by visionaries in media, politics, and technology to help people understand the issues and cut through the noise in the most important story of our era: the 2020 presidential election. In the past several months, the brand has broken out, in particular across Twitter, Facebook, and on our owned & operated sites. Our content focus is primarily short-form video-based political news coverage.
As a Sales Director, you will work closely with senior management to help bring The Recount to market. You will work with new and existing partners to grow Recount revenue through our various social channels, native newsletter placements, on-site in-stream video integrations, signature events, as well as other video programming opportunities.
The important role you serve the company:
- This is a high-energy role that requires superior communication skills and business intelligence, an ability to understand partner business priorities and develop creative solutions, and a proven track record in generating new leads.
- You will be a leader in client partnerships, and an ambassador for The Recount brand.
- You will proactively network across the market and create new opportunities for our company.
- You will develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with agency and client partners.
What we're looking for:
- 5 years’ experience in consultative selling, specifically in the digital media industry, ideally with a background in social media.
- Established relationships with key agencies and brands, particularly at the senior level.
- In-depth knowledge of digital and social media, including newsletter and video-based sales tactics. Experience selling event sponsorships a plus.
- Excellent networking and written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and the willingness to proactively partner with other internal teams.
- Exceptional project management skills, with a proven record of achieving goals and handling objections.
- The ability to operate independently, take ownership of projects and be a central point of contact.
- A sound understanding and knowledge of competitive media landscape, particularly politics and news coverage across all party lines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work with the unknown and thrive within a start-up environment.
- Excellent references.
This position starts immediately. Given the nature of the current business environment, location is not a concern, and we can start on contract or full time. Once offices open up again, this position would ideally be located in our New York office.
Read about Recount's leadership and investors here: