Product Manager, Intern or Co-op
Product Management /
Who we are
The Routing Company is enabling a world where economic opportunity isn't limited by transportation. Mass transit is broken and cities, now more than ever, need accessible, and flexible transportation options. The Routing Company offers a complete and integrated experience for transit operators to launch on-demand transportation services -- including a rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all configurable within a day. Our technology is inspired by 5 years of research at world leading universities, including MIT and TU Delft. We are a small, but quickly growing team of ride-sharing veterans, software engineers, researchers, public transportation domain experts, product managers, designers, and more. We value kindness and transparency in our work environment and we create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, while also not forgetting to have fun! We recently raised $5m which you can read about here.
We are looking for a summer intern (or co-op) candidate to act as our Product Operations Manager, reporting directly to our Director of Product Management, Bradford Church. This is the ultimate technology startup role, consisting of product management directly with our design and software engineering team, as well as operations management supporting our deployments in the field with the operations team. The Product Ops Manager needs to be a leader who can live in both worlds of product development and operations comfortably, driving both product strategy at our small and fast growing firm while also playing a part in building our business strategy, pricing, customer support, and P&L. As an early employee, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and will be able to grow quickly and have a large impact on the business.
What you’ll do
- Lead the product management process for high-impact features all the way from ideation to deployment
- Drive user research and learnings from our operations team to prioritize engineering work
- Become an expert on our world leading routing technology- Develop launch operations with transit agencies globally
- Help build our customer interaction and support- Be the bridge between operational deployment and tech development, helping to hone our go-to-market playbook
Who you are
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new things and take on new challenges… you’ve got hustle!
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Kind highly ethical, and accepting of others
- Passionate about improving public transportation globally
- Happy to go deep on operations on one day, then software development on the next
- Great at prioritizing what to work on right now, even when there’s a thousand things to do all the time
Your background and skills
- Highly analytical and able to quickly understand and simply communicate a complex and highly innovative technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong hustle
- Both master’s and strong undergrad candidates will be considered
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t feel fully qualified. We have a lot of different areas of responsibility and we are always happy to brainstorm with you about what would be the best fit. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that great employees come from diverse backgrounds.