Kent, WA /
This is a position to be a driver for our Ride Pingo service in Kent. The employer is our partner Hopelink.
Title: Non-CDL Shuttle Driver- $2000. Hiring Bonus
Department: Direct Operations
Location: Kent WA
Compensation: $18.00- Hourly
Hopelink has an immediate opening for Full Time and Part time NON-CDL Drivers.
Hours per week vary based on candidate’s availability.
Since 1971, Hopelink has served homeless and low-income families, children, seniors and people with disabilities in the north and east King County, WA. With service centers in Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline and Sno-Valley (Carnation), we are the largest nonprofit organization in the area. Hopelink programs and services focus on five key areas: food, financial assistance, housing & family development, adult education & employment and transportation/mobility. Programs are aimed at helping people achieve stability and helping them gain the skills and knowledge they need to exit poverty for good.
Members of BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) communities, or people who have personal experience in historically marginalized and excluded communities are especially encouraged to apply.
To be eligible, you must…
• Be at least 21 years old at the time you apply
• Hold a valid Washington driver’s license.
• The ability to obtain a DOT Medical Certification.
• Have a minimum of two years of experience providing customer service to the general public
• Have reliable transportation to report on-time to work
• Be able to speak and write in English
• Provide verifiable acceptable work history and employment references
• Have an acceptable driving record at the time of offer**
** Any of the following violations on your driving record within the last five years will automatically disqualify you from consideration:
• Reckless or negligent driving
• DWI/DUI (driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs)
• Hit-and-run incident
• Vehicular homicide or vehicular assault
• Open container citation
• More than one “at fault” accident within the past year
• Suspended license for moving violations
• Provides safe, courteous on-time bus service for customers
• Follows traffic laws and regulations
• Communicates effectively with customers regarding fares, transfers and schedules
• Successfully complete verbal and written reports
• Completes pre and post trip inspections
• Maintain punctuality and attendance according to assigned shift
• Attendance of mandatory driver meetings
• Maintain professionalism with clients, vendors, volunteers, donors and fellow staff
• Adheres to the Hopelink Standard Operating Procedures
• Practices and achieves the Hopelink core competencies
• 2- Year Driving experience with a demonstrated good driving record in the United States
• Customer service experience
• This position is a Service Critical Employee with specific attendance requirements. More information is available in the Hopelink Adverse Weather Policy
• Employee must report to work site during their scheduled hours, regardless of weather conditions or other emergencies.
• Manage own transportation needs in adverse weather, including possible limitations to public transportation options.
• Have a specific plan to address any other possible attendance barriers that arise during adverse weather and other emergencies, such as disrupted utilities or public services, road closures, school closures, etc.
• The physical demands and work environment described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions.
• Lifting or pulling up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Work involves standing, walking, stooping, talking, reaching, sitting, bending, kneeling, climbing, grasping, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderately noisy.
Licenses, certificates, other requirements:
• As a safety sensitive position, all drivers are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
• Must pass criminal background check through the Washington State Patrol.
• Ability to provide a 5-year drivers abstract at time of application.
• We are actively building an environment that welcomes and encourages the involvement and success of all individuals and respects the new possibilities that are created when diverse people, beliefs and values are included.
• Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement: On November 30, 2021, all Hopelink employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Upon hire, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable laws. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation. Hopelink is committed to providing the best possible service to all of our clients in a safe environment.
If you want to join our dynamic team, why not bring your talents and skills to Hopelink? In addition to great staff, we offer a competitive benefit package.
To see all of Hopelink’s open positions, please visit:
Hopelink is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.