Business Development Manager
Business Development /
Who we are
The Routing Company is enabling a world where economic opportunity isn't limited by transportation. Mass transit and cities, now more than ever, need accessible, and flexible transportation options that can be achieved with innovation and technology. The Routing Company offers a complete and integrated experience for transit operators to launch on-demand transportation services -- including a rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all configurable within a day. Our technology is inspired by 5 years of research at world leading universities, including MIT and TU Delft. We are a small, but quickly growing team of ride-sharing veterans, software engineers, researchers, public transportation domain experts, product managers, designers, and more. We value kindness and transparency in our work environment, and we create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, while also not forgetting to have fun!
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who is customer focused, sales driven and excited about finding opportunities globally for our product. You will be an integral part of a highly motivated Business Development team of self-starters, working closely with our Global Head of Business Development and CEO to find the right opportunities with cities and transit agencies. As an early employee, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and will be able to grow quickly and have a large impact on the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Become an expert on our world leading routing technology.
- Customer Focused. Sets clients at the center for all we do, helping them be ready to "Move the World" by advancing our vision.
- Find, pursue, and close opportunities with cities and transit agencies globally, with focus on the United States nationwide.
- Achieves strong client and stakeholder relationships. Establish and strengthen relationships with transit leaders at a local and state level that will advance and secure opportunities for TRC’s product.
- Lead discovery calls with potential customers and convince them of the strengths and positive impact our product has for their service model, their cities, and their riders.
- Share your relevant findings from customer conversations with our product team.
- Write customer proposals (ex.request for Proposals, Sole Source, Request for Information, etc.) and close deals.
- Bring an expanded view and integrated response to complex challenges that can be solved by leveraging our product.
- Build a playbook for future sales and BD reps to prepare the Business Development team for scale.
- Advancing Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) principles that increase ridership, helps transit agencies become sustainable, address equity through accessibility, and advance workforce development for the operator.
- Be an ambassador and advocate for TRC across the transit industry, including participating in industry conferences.
- Deploys our unique expertise and perspective to create new value for clients and provides civic and industry leadership.
- Be a thought leader in the transit space and ensure that everyone you talk to becomes as excited about TRC as we are.
Who you are
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new things and take on new challenges
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Kind, empathetic, highly ethical, and accepting of others
- Passionate about improving public transportation globally
- Customer laser focused
Your background and skills
- Highly analytical and able to quickly understand and simply communicate a complex and highly innovative technology.
- Great networking skills. Able to create, hone and retain relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Includes building sales materials for clients.
- Experience in sales, with knowledge in government sales and contracting, including procurement process.
- Experience with the transit industry, with passion for the mobility integration space.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Monthly health and wellness benefit
- 401(k) plan
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t feel fully qualified. We have a lot of different areas of responsibility, and we are always happy to brainstorm with you about what would be the best fit. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that great employees come from diverse backgrounds.
For more information and to apply please visit: https://jobs.lever.co/theroutingcompany
For comments or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.