Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Full Time - Remote
Who we are
The Routing Company is enabling a world where economic opportunity isn't limited by transportation. Mass transit is broken and cities, now more than ever, need accessible, and flexible transportation options. The Routing Company offers a complete and integrated experience for transit operators to launch on-demand transportation services -- including a rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all configurable within a day. Our technology is inspired by 5 years of research at world leading universities, including MIT and TU Delft. We are a small, but quickly growing team of ride-sharing veterans, software engineers, researchers, public transportation domain experts, product managers, designers, and more. We value kindness and transparency in our work environment and we create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, while also not forgetting to have fun! We recently raised $5m which you can read about here.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who is excited to contribute to our full stack transit product suite. You will be an integral part of a small and highly motivated team of self-starters, working closely with the CTO developing world-leading technology to power the future of public transportation. As an early employee, you'll also be able to impact the product and the company culture. You will work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment with plenty of opportunities to learn and make an impact!
What you'll be doing
- Building interactive UIs for internal tools and consumer-facing apps, e.g. fleet visualizer, or a mobile app for drivers.
- Designing and implementing modern, gRPC APIs
- Building real-time backend services in Go
- Developing scalable data pipelines for real-time and batch processing
- Work with designers to build for the best user experience
- Contribute to the product direction by proposing innovative solutions, as well as understanding technical limitations
- Ensure high production reliability of our applications by proper tests, logging, and alerting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Monthly health and wellness benefit
- 401(k) plan
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t feel fully qualified. We have a lot of different areas of responsibility and we are always happy to brainstorm with you about what would be the best fit. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that great employees come from diverse backgrounds.