Carrier Partnerships Manager - France
Trainline Partner Solutions (TPS) – Account Management /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Supply – France & Spain, the Carrier Partnerships Manager France will be responsible for existing and new rail carriers for our B2C and B2B businesses that fall into the French market, with the aim to maintain and develop key accounts and strong partnerships in order to develop sales, increase profitability, secure access to rail carrier data and support cross-channel marketing activities.
The Carrier Partnerships Manager France will be the Point of Contact (POC) and operational representative for the rail carriers in France and will participate in the development and communication (incl. market intelligence) of the supply strategy internally. He/she will also work on adding new supply (business development), in line with the group strategy, and will participate in the integration of new rail carriers.
- Plan and lead commercial discussions and negotiations with existing carriers, with support of senior management
- Strategic Account Management: Align the value Trainline delivers to the carrier needs. Optimize carrier performance on Trainline platform. Lead regular business reviews.
- Responsible for the coordination with internal stakeholders to align current supply within Trainline.
- Drive B2C and B2B implementation with the carriers: API, agency tools, etc...
- Facilitate customer service: customer feedback and carrier news.
- Work and liaise with legal department on carrier contracts and regulatory environment.
- Finance and accounting: Carrier financial performance, planning, commission, budgeting.
- Product & Tech: owner of the carrier roadmap. Ensure product requirements are met, SLAs, resources.
- Work with Product, Engineering and retail teams to deliver the roadmap.
- Business development: ensure additional supply from new carriers in France.
- Assess new business opportunities based on market intelligence.
- Ensure new supply from all relevant carriers.
- implement new supply, align within Trainline using carrier playbook.
- Find creative quick-win supply solutions to grow faster across the assigned market.
- Identify and manage to resolve commercial and operational issues with individual carriers.
- Monitor and report on industry and competitive intelligence.
- Support strategy presentations and communications for senior management to report progress.
- Maintain and expand the reporting tools of the Supply team, including the Supply Roadmap.
Knowledge & Experience
- Broad expertise in the fields of travel, transportation and reservation/booking systems. Ideally experience with online Marketplace / Platform.
- Proven success in a similar supply function and a strong track record in delivering value. Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
- Significant experience in complex commercial negotiations and consultative selling, and can demonstrate successful outcomes.
- Demonstrable success in the implementation of new suppliers, from lead generation/engagement to commercial success across the business.
- Strong service mentality that helps you to act as a service provider to internal customers.
- Proven expertise in executing effective ownership of your topics and areas, and maintaining focus on all details to ensure alignment and delivery across the company.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. You have the confidence to engage with partners at senior and executive level.
- Assertive in your dealings with carriers, and self-sufficient in devising strategies and tactics in business and key account development.
- An ability to prioritize and synthesize a broad array of information.
- Educated to degree level; an MBA would be an advantage.
- 10+ years of experience in Account Management / Negotiation.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.