Learning and Development Manager
HR & Facilities – HR
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
We are looking to hire a dynamic Learning and Development Manager to take ownership of all our existing learning assets - and drive awareness, usage and advocacy across Trainline. We have built/bought some fantastic assets and content, and this is a great opportunity for someone who is experienced in synthesizing lots of learning assets and determining what is the best way to deliver them to a team - before making it happen!
We are looking for someone who is very much hands on, and comfortable driving social learning across Trainline in terms of working with our teams to curate the correct content, and ensure our teams can navigate our learning platforms easily to get what they need. Having experience of linking learning assets of any kind to career frameworks/formal HR structures is important, as we want to ensure we help people develop in areas that helps both them and Trainline
We would also love to meet someone comfortable improving more formal learning assets like our Induction and Management Development course - and if you have a passion for delivery all the better!
Some Key Responsibilities for the role are;
- Drive participation in professional development activities & develop supporting toolkits around professional development
- Own and develop existing HR career frameworks such as role levelling, career paths etc
- Shape our digital/social-learning offering by selecting & curating content from multiple internal and external sources to build great assets - then drive adoption, engagement and improvement on an ongoing basis
- Be responsible for inputting into our management development programme's content and coordinating the scheduling/delivery of the programme
- Review, develop & own our company Induction
- Develop, track, and manage a set of L&D/ professional development KPI’s to underpin and measure the success and impact of all learning assets and frameworks
What we need in terms of experience/personal fit is;
- Experience in an L&D Manager/Partner/Executive role in a fast paced business
- Demonstrable experience of building digital & social learning assets/platforms for an inquisitive business
- Experience of building out career development / professional development toolkits
- Dynamic self starter who can communicate well with those at all levels of the business, and make an impact with colleagues
- Great eye for new content/sources of content from which our team can learn
- Organised and driven - you will be comfortable handling incoming work streams from multiple areas at once - and ensuring you offer a great service throughout