HR Manager - (5 month maternity cover) H/F
People – HR /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Trainline currently has an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager based in Paris, to join the People team and to deliver generalist HR expertise primarily across multiple teams internally.
This is a temporary contract to cover a maternity leave, starting on 12th April 2021 for 5 months.
Forming part of the HR leadership team, this is a varied and highly impactful role, which would suit an experienced HR generalist with experience in fast paced environments. Responsibilities will vary, and you will support managers across; organisational development, talent development, performance management, employee relations, employee communications, change management and reward.
- Be the main point of contact for all HR related questions for Paris based employees, and managers (both France and UK based)
- Responsible for Employee Relations in France, managing social dialogue and coordination of the monthly Work council meeting (CSE)
- Manage the monthly payroll and administrative tasks for French workers with support of the French payroll provider
- Support our Director General in Paris in ensuring we are leading on and delivering people projects that drive engagement and support our teams in France
- Stay up to date on employment French legislation and provide local insight to global People team, to develop policy, procedure and guidelines (especially during the Covid Crisis)
- Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders across various teams and especially to the French General Director. Become a trusted adviser in all HR matters
- Work closely with the People team based in UK, to apply and align, HR policies, procedures and work conditions
- People management of our Office Manager in Paris office
Knowledge & Experience
- Fluent in English and French
- Excellent employment French law knowledge
- Experience working in a HR Generalist role in a complex business environment, ideally with experience of working in an international and high growth businesses
- Experience of managing French payroll autonomously
- Experience of working in close partnership with all areas of HR (Talent Acquisition, Reward, L&OD, HR Operations, Employment Law)
- Positive and solutions focused
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.