User Experience (UX) Writer
Commercial – Marketing /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 96 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, last summer Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
We have started the search for an experienced UX Writer for the UK market to work with our product team to design a first-class user experience. We need a confident writer who’ll apply our brand voice to every space in our app and website and make the user experience as smooth as possible.
A self-starter with a passion for creating meaningful, concise and simple text that helps users complete the task at hand, you’ll enjoy collaborating to provide our customers with a positive, consistent and seamless experience. You’ll report into our Head of Brand and join a team of content managers and executives who look after our core markets (UK, France, Italy, Germany and Spain).
What you'll be doing
- Contributing to the design process and prototyping from the very beginning
- Crafting micro copy to work with product layout and design
- Collaborating with product design and market research teams to analyse product metrics and understand the needs of the user
- Sharing product feature info with marketing teams so it can be promoted effectively
- Apply our brand voice throughout the app
- Work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, staying cool under pressure
- Live and breathe our mission to make train and coach travel easier
What we need from you
- Significant experience as a UX copywriter across web and app for leading and customer centric digital brands
- Expertise in crafting in-app copy and applying a brand voice
- Experience and understanding copy and design working together and content beyond just words
- Experience of delivering measurable results, especially in commercial metrics
- Excellent written English and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working on complex content tasks and projects, collaborating and managing stakeholders
- Exceptional planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Confidence using software such as Marvel App, Zeplin and Sketch
- A genuine interest in travel and consumer technology, culture to compliment your craft
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.