Senior Brand Manager – Italy & Spain - 12-Month FTC
Marketing – Brand & Communications /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
It’s an exciting time to join Trainline. Not only are we leading the charge to empower customers globally (we operate in +40 countries) to make greener travel choices, we’re also heavily investing in bolstering our brand team and capabilities in order to manage some epic few years ahead for the brand.
Led by our Head of Brand and Creative, we’re looking for an experienced Sr Brand Manager to take responsibility for leading the brand strategy and creative execution of big ideas to help us achieve our goals across Europe (Spanish and Italian markets as main focus). The chosen brand star can be based in either our London or Milan office, and report into the London-based Head of Brand and Creative.
Compared to the UK, Trainline is a relative newbie across Europe, however we see huge potential for growth across France, Italy and Spain and our awareness and ambition has grown considerably this year. But we have much work to do to capture hearts and minds, encouraging rail travelers away from road, air and incumbent apps, by providing them with reasons to establish a simpler and cheaper way to travel… and your contribution will make a big impact!
- As the custodian for the brand for these markets, you’ll be responsible for defining the brand strategy across the ES and IT markets, working hand in hand with key stakeholders, ensuring the valueproposition as well as the brand identity is adhered to in marketing campaign, commercial and product strategy.
- Execute brand campaigns effectively, working hand in hand with creative agencies and the in-house creative studio, devising campaigns timeline and schedule, and overseeing the work of both parties
- Provide strategic and creative solutions to leverage media plans, to drive engagement and incremental growth
- Manage and develop a talented team of 2 brand managers who will support you across Italy and Spain
- Play an active role in the development and roll out of our new brand platform – cross channel, territory and product.
- As an ambassador for tech and rail travel, you’ll have your ear to the ground to share best practice in brand, challenging our thinking and driving up the quality of our work
Reasons to love this role
- You’ll have the freedom to work autonomously, dividing your time between home, your office in Milan, and when required with your peers in London, Paris, Barcelona, Edinburgh.
- The team you’ll be working with are set up to support, champion and celebrate your success as you establish an ongoing brand marketing plan to attract and engage with our customers.
- You’ll be joining a company with a clear purpose; encouraging people to make greener travel choices, for the good of environment and future generations to come.
Experience and must haves
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Italian native with fluency in English (Spanish a bonus)
- A natural in leading campaigns & project management with a breadth of experience in transforming strategic plans into measurable actions
- Strong time and project management skills, a natural at working to tight deadlines.
- Experience in dealing with fast-paced product and design teams
- Experience in line management
- Experience in defining and executing creative and messaging strategies across channels
- A personal passion in making a positive impact on the climate crisis.
- A great eye for detail and accuracy
- Creative and conceptual thinker with outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Comfortable analysing data, and using it to make informed decisions
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.