Senior Partnerships Manager, Ancillary
Commercial – International Commercial
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
This role sits within the Growth team, formed last year, which is laser focused on unlocking opportunities for expansion to help us to scale our business in and outside of our key geographic markets at pace. Headed up by Peter Wade (a commercial leader in Digital & Technology), our vision is to drive customer acquisition and engagement as well as developing new revenue opportunities. We’re bringing in new capabilities to unlock our true potential as a business. And that’s where you come in…
As Senior Partnerships Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading revenue growth across all of our global ancillary products and services - from hotels and insurance through to in app advertising and much more. We’re proud of the select number of commercial relationships we have formed with other disruptor tech brands, and it will be your goal to seek, build out and negotiate new partnerships to develop a world-class offering to customers and truly inspire travel.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leading the acceleration of growth for Ancillary building bespoke commercial solutions to suit the nuances of each international market whilst managing day to day business activities for the team such as performance analysis and partner liaison
- Working closely with product and engineering to improve traffic through to ancillary product pages and increase sales – including CRM activities, reciprocal partner activities and other advertising such as online marketing & PPC
- Improving attachment rates and revenue of partner products from site visitors and customers – from rapid test and learn through social proof and placement positioning, pricing analysis and testing, and onsite promotions
- Increasing conversion rates for partner products through product development and site enhancements
This is a truly career defining role for someone passionate about growth and technology looking for an opportunity to play a part in developing the potential of a product that has changed the way people travel and impacts millions of people every day.
To achieve our ambitious plans, we’re looking for creative big thinkers with small egos. Most importantly, you’ll bring deep commercial experience of merchandising ancillary products, and will have a strong track record of delivering revenue growth within the digital space ideally in a consumer-led Tech or Travel business.
It goes without saying that you will have a good knowledge of the levers around digital marketing and will have a reputation for driving sales through 3rd party partnerships. In addition, you will have strong negotiation skills and an ability to influence and manage partners effectively, and must be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
The strong strategic and analytical toolkit you bring should be equally matched by commercial and product know-how, specifically on level of margins and performance metrics across different sectors recognising the trade-offs between growth and profitability. Similarly, you’ll be well seasoned in managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Technology and Finance amongst others whilst running multiple service offerings and projects.
You’ll understand the importance of starting with the customer needs, and the criticality of data- and fact-based decision making. Highly analytical with a structured, problem-solving approach, you’ll bring an ability to ‘cut through the noise’ to make rapid commercial decisions through an array of approaches such as deep diving into quantitative data available, a robust testing-led approach or through broader customer research. In addition, an ability to speak another European language would be useful although not essential too.
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday +2 extra days at Christmas
- Free private medical and dental insurance for you and your family (you just pay the tax on what you choose!)
- Life assurance & income protection
- Good pension scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Charity leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free breakfast everyday and fruit galore!
- Yoga Mondays
- Salsa classes
- Board Game nights
....and many more