Trainline Partner Solutions (TPS) – Business Development /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Trainline Partner Solutions (TPS) deliver innovative, industry-leading rail technology solutions to the business travel market. Providing rail booking solutions for thousands of SMEs, large corporates and travel management companies, the team also build, support and manage ‘white label’ sales platforms for operators from the UK’s biggest rail companies to the emerging new operators in Europe. Led by Champa Magesh (an industry leader in the B2B Travel Tech space), the TPS team are laser focused on empowering businesses to make greener travel choices by putting rail at the heart of more journeys
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Director of Technology - Strategic partnerships, you will be the technical product expert who will work hand-in-hand with the TPS sales team to understand customer technical requirements and design solutions to meet their needs.
Our customers will love you! … because you listen to and understand their pain points, you are obsessed in finding the right solutions to solve their business problems, you talk their language with a natural ability of explaining complex technical topics in simple terms.
You will have an aura that brings confidence, generates trust and carries authority!
- Deliver core pre-sales activities (project scoping and qualification, demo meetings, proposals, integration plans, coordination with sales/product/implementation teams)
- Partner with the Sales Team to communicate Trainline’s value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Deliver great product demonstrations which tell a story of how our products provide value to our customers
- Help responding to RFIs/RFPs, building business value/impact assessments, and recommending sales strategies
- Become an expert on our industry and products. Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and development
- Influencer product teams and management regarding current and future functionalities of our products
- Develop a corporate knowledge library and associated maintenance processes, contributing to the overall sales / pre-sales content improvement
- Contribute to marketing activities, including events, videos, and content writing
- Build value proposition models such as ‘time and motion’, ‘value calculators’, etc…
To excel in this role, you will:
- Provide domain knowledge to support sales in qualification of trainline prospects, development of sales opportunities, and committing new business
- Set up and deliver outstanding product presentations/demonstrations/Proof of Concepts, that demonstrate how Trainline products can deliver great value to clients and prospects. You will make our Sales team look great!
- Identify and clearly document client pain points and requirements, establishing a clear list of use cases with the respective product solution and associated benefits
- Be fully conversant with, and informed of, evolving product roadmap and strategy and how this delivers value to our clients.
- Be and be seen as the key influencer to product/engineering teams with respect to areas for improvements within our product suite, leveraging the insights gathered through all the customer interactions. Internally, play the customer champion role at all times.
- Create and maintain a ‘knowledge library’, a highly valued go-to resource that provides all the collaterals to support our sales and technical teams
- Help bring new sales team members up to speed as soon as possible
- Always seek to simplify and streamline our processes, to shorten our time from prospect contact to contract signature
- Be a key contributor to designing and building a best-in-class self-serve customer portal
Skillset & Knowledge
- Experience in a Tecnical Sales support role within rail/travel technology/transport/Maas/Platform business/ organisation
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of TPS strategy, products & services
- A problem solver with an optimistic approach
- Customer obsessed
- Excellent presentation skills. Can grasp a complex matter in no time, and articulate it back in simple terms to a range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Passionate about new technologies / innovation / technical subjects
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.