PPC Manager - UK
Commercial – Marketing
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
In order to achieve our ambitious growth goals, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on PPC Manager, looking for the opportunity to own the strategy and implementation of our PPC activity covering the UK.
Your insightful performance analysis, forecasting, and account development expertise are critical to deliver our continued success within the PPC channel and you will have the opportunity to drive significant commercial impact.
The collaboration across all functions across SEO, CRM, Display and Affiliate marketing is important to you and are looking for an environment where your effort, determination and skills are rewarded with a fantastic platform for success.
· Creating & overseeing the paid search strategy to drive growth & efficiency in the UK market
· Ownership of the market and its performance
· Working with other team members (within PPC and outside) to ensure a consistent approach across all markets & channels
· You may be required to mentor or manage more junior colleagues
· Ensure the team is constantly learning and growing
· Utilising bid management tools to help drive KPIs
· Audit work & continued optimisation
· Budget planning and monitoring
· Campaign creation & optimisation (search query reports, testing, gap analysis, etc.)
Creating and innovating
· Use feed-based solutions to create and manage campaigns
· Regularly testing new strategies and relevant betas
· Help to support other teams with their priorities and pushes using paid search
· Work with senior stakeholders to show them the strategic value, and deal with any questions/concerns they may have
· Prepare analyses to help provide insights to the wider team
· Help create forecasts for performance and budget
· Manage regular reports for both wider business and marketing-specific use
Knowledge & Experience
· Minimum 2:1 degree. Numerate/scientific subject preferred
· A strong understanding of MS Office, with advanced MS Excel experience
· Excellent knowledge of Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Analytics. Experience with Search Ads 360 is a plus.
· Ability to work with large data sets and interpret trends
· Excellent organisational and analytical skills
· Positive attitude, flexible, can work collaboratively
· Enjoys and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
· Enthusiastic, energetic and creative, likes to bring ideas to the table
· High attention to detail
· Results-oriented and strong sense of ownership of projects