Technology – Development
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
The Trainline is UK’s leading online provider of rail tickets and journey planning, setting the pace in mobile rail-commerce with our app ranked #1 in travel. Mobile is a strategic area of focus and investment for our business – developing new propositions and entering new sectors of the market, not simply porting our web offering onto mobile. Around half of our customer visits now come from Smartphone devices (using a mix of our website and our range of native mobile apps) generating nearly half a million visits per day.
Last year in particular was a great year for us, our app rating has maintained a consistent 4.5 star in the UK Play Store and is consistently near the top of the charts in the Travel category. We achieved this in part thanks to a brand refresh, sleeker UI, lot of technical refactoring and adding lot of customer centric features which help them make smarter journeys.
Join a highly skilled development team, building and delivering software. Use agile practices like pair programming, code reviews, IPM’s, continuous integration & delivery, TDD & BDD.
We focus on continuously improving our capabilities, architecture and process as a team. We encourage our technical staff to blog about technical innovation on Trainline’s engineering blog and to contribute code to the open source community.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Android developer with strong engineering background and familiar with agile paradigm.
What I'll be working on:
- We believe in continuous improvement and you would be improving process, architecture and implementation on a daily basis.
- Testing is a key metric for us and we strive to keep our test coverage as high as possible. o Work on delivering customer centric features using the best tools and practices.
- You will be part of a great cross-functional team with all the skills necessary to deliver the product end to end (product owner, business analysis, developer, QA & operations skills)
What I'll Bring
- Strong experience developing consumer facing high-performance Android applications
- Good grasp of design patterns, SOLID & Clean code principles.
- Strong in software engineering, including design, architecture, test automation, deployment automation
- Well versed with Agile development using practices like pairing, continuous integration, test driven development, code reviews, automation testing.
- Experience working with Android Studio and Gradle.
- Experience working with Model View Presenters in Android application.
Great to haves
- High traffic eCommerce retail experience
- Experience working with RxJava, Dagger and Proguard.
- Mobile application performance analysis and tuning experience.
25 days holiday, Yoga & board game nights, free breakfast, fresh fruit, too much pizza, Season Ticket loan, life assurance, pension contributions, medical and dental insurance (subject to qualifying periods).