Commercial – UK Commercial
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 96 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, last summer Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role
The CRM Developer will play a key role in the Engagement team. The ideal candidate will maximises the potential of our CRM platform (Braze - Formerly known as App Boy) maintains and expands technical integration within the broader Trainline Technical environment. The CRM Dev will be an expert for personalised Email, SMS and Push Marketing programmes.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual with a background in CRM (Email, SMS and push Marketing) and both an aptitude and a desire to grow their CRM knowledge and technical skills to the next level. The ideal candidate will be technically minded with a diverse background that has a keen eye on commercial awareness and project management.
We’re willing to invest in the right person. Training is available to develop technical skills on Braze/App Boy, a marketing platform which due to its massive growth in the UK has created strong demand for experienced users.
- Building complex, high volume and dynamic marketing campaigns in Braze which utilises the coding language Liquid.
- Excellent stakeholder management and competent at translating stakeholders’ requirements into campaign process/system architecture.
- Project management/scoping/planning is key component of this role. Being able to break down a Project including requirements capture, delivery estimates, architecture, design, development (customisation, configuration) and testing (unit, integration and user acceptance)
- Continue to develop and discover new features/ improvements and new ideas to support the overall CRM strategy and being able to communicate this to campaign managers
- Understand and be interested to develop other areas of CRM and Marketing (Reporting/Analytics/Commercial) to become T-shaped in agile working environment
- Documentation detailing the implementation for the key projects.
Knowledge & Experience
- Intellectually curious, passionate. Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures and design
- Good understanding of how APIs work. Experience in working with APIs using programming language to extract, manipulate and calculate data from APIs.
- Ideally good experience and working knowledge of Braze or experience with CRM solutions (Salesforce / Microsoft Dynamics)
- Practical experience working with SMS and Email deliverability would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Excellent project and stakeholder management experience.
- Knowledge of different web API implementations and their standards (SOAP, Rest API) is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience with pre/post campaign reporting.
- Strong attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of quality.
- A willingness to learn and to experience ongoing personal growth.
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers.
- Proactive with a “can do” attitude.
- Fast learner, ability to learn new technologies/languages
- Conscientious, reliable, strong work ethic
- Strong personal integrity, cares about and takes pride in their outputs.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines, and be a calming, unflappable force within a team.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about the customer experience and driving customer success
- Able to articulate and convey technical concepts to a mixed audience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.