Principal Product Manager (Post sales) - Fixed Term Contract
Product – Product Management /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Trainline’s Platform One supports all our customer propositions across B2C, Branded Business Travel, B2B Distribution, TOC Partner Solutions and Supply Integrations, on multiple channels including web, app, external APIs, and agent tooling for both in-house customer support and external B2B customers. This role is responsible for four main areas - the self-serve post sales capabilities on web and app, customer data, and agent tooling for Trainline’s Contact Centre and B2B agents. This is a wide remit covering customer and agent needs with the aim of providing a first-class post sales and customer service experience.
- Influence the development of product managers to synthesize and develop stronger and more impactful insights, championing an outcome driven approach
- Use insights and developed strategies to have an impact across all of Tech, Product and Design
- Effectively lead and influence engagement with PR, Commercial, Marketing, Finance, Legal etc. including external partners
- Work on multiple large initiatives in parallel, both in and outside specific Product area, collaborating with colleagues and cross-functional teams through leadership, not escalation
- Balance product, UX and technical concerns with the help of your peers to gain maximum business value, effectively influencing customer experience during product development (e.g. IA, UX, visuals etc) and amplifying go to market activities (e.g. brand, marketing, CS etc)
- Managing and developing a small team of PMs and APM
- Establish domain excellence and be able to represent Engineering, Commercial, Design counterparts whenever necessary
Knowledge & Experience
- Senior responsibilities in a Product Management role in a tech business
- Worked in a fast-paced environment where you have shaped high volume B2C and/or B2B digital experiences.
- Experience working across a complex and evolving product set, using the latest techniques for product discovery and hypothesis-driven product development
- A track record as the voice of the customer, answering questions and finding insights from an array of sources
- Deep commercial acumen and evidence of contributions to wider business decisions outside of the Product domain
- Demonstrate established processes and ways of working with business and engineering partners to achieve delivery outcomes
- Experience communicating effectively at C-level as a compelling story teller
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.