Windows Infrastructure Engineer
Technology – Infrastructure
Our Mission 🚀
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 260 rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Introducing the Platform Delivery organisation 👋
The Platform Delivery team cover all areas of infrastructure, reliability, platform and operations engineering across public cloud and data centres; Windows & Linux builds, deployment & management, CDN configuration, load balancing, PKI and a variety of other technologies that combine to provide the Platform for all other teams to use.
The Infrastructure team consists of 12 engineers specialising in all areas of infrastructure management. This role covers management of our Datacenter, Cloud and Core Windows estate. There are aspects of other technologies that are included such as load balancing, PKI, messaging, monitoring. The ideal candidate will have a core “Wintel” background able to support critical production services and embrace new technologies in a fast paced environment.
What you'll be working on..
- Windows OSE Deployments to all Infrastructure Platforms including vSphere and AWS EC2
- SME/3rd Line Support for all Windows Server OS and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Related Issues
- Operational day to day Maintenance of Multiple Large Server Environments
- Project Delivery of Infrastructure Roadmap
- You will participate in an On-Call schedule to ensure that our systems are supported at all times.
- You will work with others in Operational Support Teams as well as Developers to find solutions to problems, answer questions and contribute to products that make journeys easier for our customers everyday
What you'll bring..
- Proven experience of Windows Server management and support
- Experience of Cloud / Virtualisation Infrastructure Management
- Experience of using automation / scripting
- Demonstrable interest in Cloud-based technologies.
- Experience of technology operations and 3rd Line server support
- Windows administrator and management skills, ideally in an Enterprise environment using scripting (PowerShell) for basis and repetitive tasks
- Familiar with the ‘BAU’ tasks that are required to manage a large server estate
- MS Server stack: Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, Exchange & SCOM
- Infrastructure Stack: HPE Servers, IBM SAN, vSphere
- Understanding of CI/CD Tooling
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies is desirable, specifically AWS
- DNS Management
-Certificate / PKI management
- vSphere configuration and administration
Our Culture 🤗
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude, we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
- We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those individuals who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
- We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
- We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.