Senior Web Engineer (ReactJS)
Technology – Development
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
We embrace innovation across Software Engineering, Data Science, AI/ML and we believe in honest, evidence based discussions where data trumps opinion and hierarchy every time. You can read what our technical staff have to say in our engineering blog here >
To assist with our expansion plans we are currently looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join our awesome cross-functional web team
What you will work on..
- Be a part of a co-operative scrum squad tasked with the Development and Continuous Delivery of new features which will be used by members of the public on an international scale, truly changing the way millions of people travel across Europe
- Take an evidence based approach to decisions and actions, delivering AB tests and working to KPI’s around site performance
- Agile development, in focused squads using XP practices
What you'll bring..
- Strong understanding of functional programming and associated design patterns
- Experience in React/Redux
- Advanced HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Experience with Node, TypeScript, Express, RxJs
- Previous work on highly scalable web applications, or high traffic ecommerce sites
- Accessibility best practices
- Cross-browser/device testing and performance tuning
- Exposure to Multi-currency and multi-language solutions
Great to have...
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.