Talent Acquisition Manager - Digital Marketing
People – HR /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role:
Integrated to Trainline’s strategic goals and motivated to contribute to business success, our experienced Talent Acquisition team is focused on finding great hires for our teams. As a business, we are in high growth mode in the UK and in Europe and this creates lots of visibility and impact for the team. For us, it’s as much about attitude to hiring and agility as it is about identifying and attracting the right person into the role at the right time.
As Talent Acquisition Manager, you will work closely with the Growth team and wider business hiring managers to align, spec and go after key external talent to grow our organisation. Whether it is for our Performance Marketing, Brand & Comms, or Analytics teams, stakeholder management here is key. You will be expected to build strong relationships with squad or team leads and educate the business on the talent market and hiring.
Direct hiring as a team is well developed but we don't rest on our laurels and searching for the right person at the right time remains key. Bringing your expertise in managing events, initiating ideas for social content and enhancing our employer brand is a part of the daily make up of the role.
The focus here is on quality. You will be expected to hire through direct channels and bring with you a strong digital network. You will support immediate needs as well as owning the pipelining for succession planning and backfilling.
Reporting to the Head of Talent Acquisition, you will be joining an enthused, high performing talent team who are keen to find another smart, experienced, collaborative recruiter to work with us!
What you will bring:
- You will have proven yourself as in-house recruiter working for a fast paced digital business and bring a strong agency background hiring digital marketing talent
- An in-depth experience of recruiting for high performing Growth Marketing teams, covering performance marketing /Acquisition, CRM/Engagement & Brand Comms
- A willingness and capability to recruit across a breadth of other non-tech areas, examples including; data, analytics, product and UX/design
- An expertise in using direct sourcing tools such as Boolean searches, mapping research and LinkedIn Recruiter, and you should bring a clear vision of what great talent looks like as well as how to find and attract it
- Curious, pragmatic and intelligent, you will be focussed on achieving great results whilst ensuring that you consult and can effectively do so at a senior level
- An eye for detail and a natural, data focussed mindset when hiring to budget
- An influential communication style, and a highly collaborative approach and through your expertise, you will add great value in how you recruit and manage tomorrow’s talent
- An ability to work with pace and flexibility, combining tenacity with rigour and sound judgment
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.