Product Manager (Acquisition) - Fixed Term Contract
Product – Product Management /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Are you passionate about product – led growth and want to take part in building #1 travel apps across UK and Europe? If so, then this could be the perfect job for you!
Trainline believes in providing friction free train travel experience starting from searching for a journey, boarding the train, to enjoying the stay at the destination. We are a scaled business in the UK and have a huge ambition to expand our user base across Europe. With millions of weekly active users, we are on track to be the no.1 travel app among train travelers.
You will be joining a team of professionals who understand the importance of innovation and how to apply it to our products. You will work closely with our growth, brand, and other product teams to drive our acquisition strategy and vision. You will also be part of a cross-functional team who are responsible for delivering initiatives to increase new customer numbers.
- Be passionate about customer needs. You have strong empathy and are the customer advocate. You evaluate and understand customer insights and align them to the work your team is delivering to ensure user needs are met.
- Triangulate multiple signals using data tools to generate insights and ideas for improvements. Champion an outcome driven approach while resolving ambiguity and comprehensively exploring options to solve problems.
- Have a mindset of hypothesis, testing, and experimentation. You understand the value of learning fast and are able to communicate the hypothesis, insight, success, and failure to a wider audience.
- Develop key partnerships with growth and marketing teams to deliver a comprehensive product strategy and roadmap.
- Lead/participate in Agile ceremonies, with responsibility for a high standard of meaningful documentation and process.
- Be an effective member of the squad leadership with Engineering and Design or Business partners making sure squads are in a happy and functional place
Knowledge & Experience
- Solid track record in a Product Management role in a tech business
- Experience working in a high growth company driving improvements in paid and organic acquisition.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment where you’ve had to think on your feet and bring people together to problem solve
- In depth experience of customer centric thinking through insights, data and experimentation
- Knowledge and experience of working with Agile frameworks, writing user stories, setting sprint goals and collaborating with teams on acceptance criteria
- Experience in building good relationships with marketing and growth in order to deliver products strategy and roadmap
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.